oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

VTune fails to integrate with Visual Studio 2019

dtecta
Beginner

A fresh installation of current VTune (w_oneapi_vtune_p_2021.9.0.546_offline.exe) fails to integrate with the current Visual Studio 2019 16.11.7.  I've attached the installation log.

This issue has been addressed in a previous topic "VTune installation fails every time" dated 10-14-2021. The offered solution in the topic  was to revert to an earlier version of Visual Studio 2019. Reverting Visual Studio is not a solution I seek, so I'd like to bring this issue back to your attention.

Is there a way to make the current VTune work with the current version of Visual Studio 2019? A version of VTune that integrates with Visual Studio 2022 would fine as well. Any help is appreciated.

Gino

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Gino, we will test this issue ourselves and share our findings within the next 2-3 business days. Meanwhile, we appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Gino, we tested out the issue ourselves. Unfortunately, we were unable to replicate the issue and the installation and integration was successful.

During the integration, make sure you do not have Visual Studio running in the background. Close the application first and then run the 2021.9 installer.

0 Kudos
dtecta
Beginner

That's too bad. Thank you for checking. 

Installation of VTune 2021.9 fails on both of my development machines. So. I'm wondering what could be different in my case. I have both Visual Studio 2019 and 2022 installed on both machines. Besides the default extensions, I only added Emacs Emulation. Today I tried with just the default extensions (no Emacs Emulation) and the installation/repair still fails. Hopefully, someone else will come forward with the same problem. 

Either way, a VTune that integrates with Visual Studio 2022 would solve my problem as well. Hopefully we can have this realized soon.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Gino, we tested out the installation in this order.

We had installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 followed by Intel® VTune™ Profiler 2021.9 earlier. The installation was successful. Now, we uninstalled the Intel® VTune™ Profiler package first and then installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 on top of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 on the same system. Post that, we had reinstalled Intel® VTune™ Profiler package and now we were able to replicate your issue.

Please note that Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 is not supported by the Intel® VTune™ Profiler 2021.9 package and thus you would need to uninstall the IDE first prior to the Intel® VTune™ Profiler package installation with VS 2019 so that you do not encounter the issues.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Gino, we assume that you issue has been resolved.

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos