oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

VTune installation fails every time

carols
Beginner

Hi,

I would really like to integrate VTune with Visual Studio 2019, but every time I try to download and install, it fails with: 

"Product configuration is not finished successfully. Integration in IDE(s) might be in incomplete state or custom post-install/remove scripts might fail.
Details: Error: Sequence execution failed."

Please note that vtune works by itself, but the IDE integration fails. I have tried this with VTune v2021.8 and v2021.7.1 and both have failed with the same issue. I tried restarting my PC as well. Attached is the log file from the installation.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi carols,

Thanks for providing the information. We have tried to replicate the issue. However, it did not occur on our end. We were able to successfully integrate Intel® VTune™ Profiler with Visual Studio 2019. We would recommend you try integrating the product with a compatible build number of Visual Studio versions from the below link. You may try the Visual Studio 2019 16.11.2.

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

The installation order was correct. However, if it changes now (i.e. Visual Studio 2019 installed secondly) then try repairing them in the correct order i.e. Visual Studio 2019 first and then the Intel® VTune™ Profiler.

Have a pleasant day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi carols,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please let us know the below details.

• Which was installed first - Visual Studio or Intel® VTune™ Profiler?
  • The edition and build number of the Visual Studio 2019 installed.
  • Was the component - 'Desktop development with C++' selected during the installation of the Visual Studio? 
  • A copy of the 'About' (by using the 'Copy Info' option) from the Help section, of the Visual Studio.

The above information will allow us to look into the integration issue better.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
carols
Beginner

To answer your questions:

• Visual Studio was installed first
  • Visual Studio edition and build number: Visual Studio 2019 Version 16.11.3 - 16.11.5 (Have tried on all of these versions)
  • Desktop development with C++ was selected during installation and still is
  • Copy of about:

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Version 16.11.5
VisualStudio.16.Release/16.11.5+31729.503
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.8.03752

Installed Version: Community

Visual C++ 2019 00435-60000-00000-AA828
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019 16.11.75.64347
ASP.NET and Web Tools 2019

C# Tools 3.11.0-4.21403.6+ae1fff344d46976624e68ae17164e0607ab68b10
C# components used in the IDE. Depending on your project type and settings, a different version of the compiler may be used.

CodeLensOopProviderCommands Extension 1.0
CodeLensOopProviderCommands Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

IntelliCode Extension 1.0
IntelliCode Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Microsoft JVM Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting the Visual Studio debugger to JDWP compatible Java Virtual Machines

Microsoft MI-Based Debugger 1.0
Provides support for connecting Visual Studio to MI compatible debuggers

Microsoft Visual C++ Wizards 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ Wizards

Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package 1.0
Microsoft Visual Studio VC Package

NuGet Package Manager 5.11.0
NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio. For more information about NuGet, visit https://docs.nuget.org/

P4VS - Helix Plugin for Visual Studio 2020.2.211.7831
P4VS is the Helix Plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio. P4VS provides developers working within Visual Studio access to Helix version control features, including check in/check out, view file history, and more.

ProjectServicesPackage Extension 1.0
ProjectServicesPackage Visual Studio Extension Detailed Info

Test Adapter for Boost.Test 1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Boost.Test. The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

Test Adapter for Google Test 1.0
Enables Visual Studio's testing tools with unit tests written for Google Test. The use terms and Third Party Notices are available in the extension installation directory.

TypeScript Tools 16.0.30526.2002
TypeScript Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio

Visual Basic Tools 3.11.0-4.21403.6+ae1fff344d46976624e68ae17164e0607ab68b10
Visual Basic components used in the IDE. Depending on your project type and settings, a different version of the compiler may be used.

Visual Studio Code Debug Adapter Host Package 1.0
Interop layer for hosting Visual Studio Code debug adapters in Visual Studio

Visual Studio Tools for CMake 1.0
Visual Studio Tools for CMake

VSColorOutput 2.73
Color output for build and debug windows - https://mike-ward.net/vscoloroutput

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi carols,

Thanks for providing the information. We have tried to replicate the issue. However, it did not occur on our end. We were able to successfully integrate Intel® VTune™ Profiler with Visual Studio 2019. We would recommend you try integrating the product with a compatible build number of Visual Studio versions from the below link. You may try the Visual Studio 2019 16.11.2.

Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

The installation order was correct. However, if it changes now (i.e. Visual Studio 2019 installed secondly) then try repairing them in the correct order i.e. Visual Studio 2019 first and then the Intel® VTune™ Profiler.

Have a pleasant day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi carols,

Adding to our last reply, please try the Visual Studio 2019 16.11.2 with Intel® VTune™ Profiler version 2021.7.1. Do let us know if the integration issue persists.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
carols
Beginner

Hi, sorry I haven't replied. I will try to get to this today and if not today, then on Monday. I'll let you know if this works.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi carols,

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi carols,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi carols,

Thanks for getting back to us with a reply on the thread. Looking forward to your findings.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
carols
Beginner

Hi,

Installing Visual Studio 2019 16.11.2 worked!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi carols,

Thanks for getting back to us with the update on the thread. As per your response, we are proceeding with its closure. However, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos