oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

Vtune offline install issue

cabaker2
Novice

I tried to install this offline on my computer. However, I keep getting error messages... I think the main one is: "Download failed, Failed to establish internet connection."  I tried to use these two commands:

sh ./l_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3422_offline.sh -a --components intel.oneapi.lin.vtune  (selecting only vtune via the UI)

sh ./l_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3422_offline.sh -a --silent --eula accept --components intel.oneapi.lin.vtune

However, They fail... What is the correct install procedure?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cabaker2
Novice

Hi Arpan,

For some reason it works now... I don't know if it was a cut/paste error or what.  But now it installs fine either as root or as non-root?  Thanks so much for your help.  This is now the command I successfully used:

sh ./l_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3422_offline.sh -a --silent --eula accept --components intel.oneapi.lin.vtune

I am installing on SLES 15 SP2...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Christopher, the command you are using seems fine.

However, could you confirm the size of the installer that you have downloaded from our website? You would need an offline installer and the size of an offline installer is in gigabytes. Please make sure the installer that is downloaded on your system is an offline installer.

0 Kudos
cabaker2
Novice

Thanks for confirming this was the correct command.  Here is the info on the file, it is over 3 GB.

[103] md5sum l_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3422_offline.sh
9362cb9dcbb15792e70e7092e5b09314 l_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3422_offline.sh
[104] ls -l l_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3422_offline.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 sdc informix 3697333746 Oct 26 10:22 l_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3422_offline.sh*

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Christopher, we have contacted you privately with some information regarding your issue. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Chris, please try the below command >

sh ./l_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3422_offline.sh -a --silent --eula accept --components intel.oneapi.lin.vtune.devel 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Chris, can you confirm the full name of the Linux OS you are installing the software on? Also, please note that you would need root access to install the software on Linux*. Can you confirm whether you have root access on your system or not.

0 Kudos
cabaker2
Novice

Hi Arpan,

For some reason it works now... I don't know if it was a cut/paste error or what.  But now it installs fine either as root or as non-root?  Thanks so much for your help.  This is now the command I successfully used:

I am installing on SLES 15 SP2...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Chris, we are glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any additional queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos