oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1281 Discussions

floating license and upgrade product from "Parallel Studio XE" to "oneAPI" on Windows

svc_it_quants
Beginner

Hi,

I have a 5 floating license for "Parallel Studio XE", when i go on Intel site, I can upgrade the soft by clicking on "Upgrade Now", but then I see

Upgrade product Ver.  
Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit (Single-Node) 2021 Latest version

Is the new soft will be Single-Node ? I want to use it on many nodes.

I want also to know how to upgrade my license from a Windows only to Windows & Linux ?

regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi svc_it_quants,

Adding to our last reply, please know floating licenses get upgraded to concurrent licenses. Once you transition your supported Intel® Parallel Studio XE to an Intel® oneAPI Toolkit, your floating license will be converted to a Concurrent License. Your 2-seat Floating License will be converted to a 2-user Concurrent License and your 5-seat Floating License will be converted to a 5-user Concurrent License.

Concurrent Licenses would allow the developers/users to use the product at the same time as the floating license used to. However, it does not require the Intel® Software License Manager to work. You can simply install the product on the client system. As for checking the limit of users, please know, Intel® no longer has a mechanism in place to track license use. The responsibility for tracking license use falls to the company that owns the license to ensure they meet the EULA.  

End User License Agreements Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/end-user-license-agreement.html

Since the transition, we are no longer using FLEXlm*. Due to this, Intel® Software License Manager does not work with the new licenses. However, if you have license files downloaded of the license before the upgrade, then it will still support the FLEXlm License Manager as before. You may visit the below link for reference.

FAQ Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-commercial-faq.html#inpage-nav-6-1

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi svc_it_quants,

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. Please note, the “Single-Node” version will be supported for use on shared memory systems, like laptops, notebooks, PCs, desktops and workstations. The “Multi-Node” version will be supported for use on shared memory systems and on distributed memory systems, such as High-Performance Computing (HPC) clusters.

Due to the transition from Intel® Parallel Studio XE to Intel® oneAPI Toolkits, Intel® is providing a free upgrade option to users with Priority Support.

Users with Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition and Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition can upgrade their product to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit (Single-node) while the users with Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition, can upgrade their product to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit (Multi-node).

This upgrade, will not only provide the equivalent mapping of Intel® Parallel Studio XE for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits i.e. Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit (Windows, Linux & macOS) but also provide Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows, Linux and macOS in the same license. For better understanding, we are providing a screenshot of the components of the new license.

Note: Upgrading would result in the expiration of the current license to generate and provide you with a new license (having a new serial number).

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi svc_it_quants,

Adding to our last reply, please know floating licenses get upgraded to concurrent licenses. Once you transition your supported Intel® Parallel Studio XE to an Intel® oneAPI Toolkit, your floating license will be converted to a Concurrent License. Your 2-seat Floating License will be converted to a 2-user Concurrent License and your 5-seat Floating License will be converted to a 5-user Concurrent License.

Concurrent Licenses would allow the developers/users to use the product at the same time as the floating license used to. However, it does not require the Intel® Software License Manager to work. You can simply install the product on the client system. As for checking the limit of users, please know, Intel® no longer has a mechanism in place to track license use. The responsibility for tracking license use falls to the company that owns the license to ensure they meet the EULA.  

End User License Agreements Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/end-user-license-agreement.html

Since the transition, we are no longer using FLEXlm*. Due to this, Intel® Software License Manager does not work with the new licenses. However, if you have license files downloaded of the license before the upgrade, then it will still support the FLEXlm License Manager as before. You may visit the below link for reference.

FAQ Link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-commercial-faq.html#inpage-nav-6-1

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi svc_it_quants,

Thanks for marking the solution for the post. Proceeding further, I am closing this thread. However, feel free to create a new thread if there are any queries or concerns.

Please know, you may also create a support ticket from the below link, for your concerns since you currently have a license with active Priority Support.

Online Service Center: https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos