oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1290 Discussions

installation problem for one API Base toolkit

AJEETKUMAR
Beginner

Dear sir

I am Ajeet Kumar Yadav. My operating system is windows 11 and I am unable to install the one API Base toolkit. I tried the solution as given in previously posed question like running as administrator but still I am unable to install. At one place in 'system requirement' in the 'known issue section', it is mentioned that installer will fail in windows 11 and as as solution it is advised to deselect the python but this steps comes latter part of installation. installer is failing before itself.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Ajeet, please visit the following path> C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs, to check if the installation log files are generated or not. If they are generated, please share the log files with us.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
AJEETKUMAR
Beginner

Dear sir 

I am attaching the image of file generated as asked by you.Screenshot 2022-10-11 151112.pngScreenshot 2022-10-11 151219.png 

0 Kudos
AJEETKUMAR
Beginner

there in no file named log file is generated. In API only a file named installer is generated and image of all files inside of installer I have posted in above message.

thanks 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Ajeet, could you confirm the version of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit you are installing? Also, let us know if you are using an online or offline installer.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
AJEETKUMAR
Beginner

file version: 2022.3.0.9573

I am using online installer but I have tried offline installer also and both are showing the same problem.installer_failed.png

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Ajeet, as the installer fails in the screenshot provided by you, you would see a button at the bottom that states: View log file.

Please click on the button and share the information with us. Also, do you have any version of Visual Studio installed on your system? If so, please confirm the build version with us.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
AJEETKUMAR
Beginner

Dear sir 

when I am clicking on the view log file button I am getting a popup message showing that the 'can't open the link' and also the copy button is not working. I am attaching the image. I have installed visual studio in my system the file version of installed visual studio is,

file version of visual studio: 17.3.32922.545installer_failed_logfile.png

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Ajeet, thank you for the update.

We will test out the installation setup ourselves and share our findings with you.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Ajeet, could you try out the installation with one of the following builds of Microsoft Visual Studio: 

• VS2022 17.3.0
  • VS2022 17.2.6 (limited testing)
  • VS2019 16.11.15
  • VS2017 15.9.48

We believe that the installation and subsequent integration failure could also be related to compatibility. To achieve this, you would have to uninstall the current Visual Studio 2022. Then, uninstall both the toolkits.

Once that is achieved, install one of the above VS builds and follow that up with the installation of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit and Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2022.3.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Ajeet, 

We had been looking into your concern with our internal team. Arpan is currently out of office. Due to that I am reaching out to you on his & our higher team's behalf.

Kindly share/confirm the following for the toolkit. They will allow us to check on the issue with our internal team better.

• Please share all the logs from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs.
  • Please check your '%temp%' directory & share any logs, if generated.

Looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
AJEETKUMAR
Beginner

Dear sir

I have tried all the visual studio version which you have suggested me to install and still i am unable to do it, like the same type of message I am getting as I have sent you on 18 0ctober 2022. there is no file named as 'logs' in "Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs".

Is there any way that you can access my system through remote desktop and resolve the issue?

Thanks Screenshot 2022-10-29 013610.png

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Ajeet, we tested out the issue ourselves on Windows 11 platform.

We used Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 17.3.6 Community Edition and Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.3. The installation and subsequent integration was successful on our end. We would suggest you to try the same combination and share your findings with us.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Ajeet, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos