oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

installations fail

jasper
Beginner

Posting this question here, although it applies to any installation action that involves either the DPC compatibility tool, the DPC compiler, the C++ compiler or the FORTRAN compiler.

Installations fail. Typical messages do not offer a lot of expanation,  like e.g.

05/24/2022 13:29:22:100 : 3684 : ERROR : Installation of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.fee.vs2019, name: Intel® Distribution for GDB*, version: 2021.6.0-188.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

or

05/24/2022 13:33:54:125 : 21628 : ERROR : Installation of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.fee.vs2022, name: Intel® Distribution for GDB*, version: 2021.6.0-188.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

Every here and there we see the advice to completely remove all Visual Studio instances, the Visual Studio installer, unregister any remaining DLLs (I went further than that and  also scanned for and removed all corresponding data and package directories).  I tried this for 2022.1.3 and for 2022.2 (which is a lot of work, costs half a day, and is therefore rather frustrating if the outcome is not success).

Any way the OneAPI or standalone installers will be fixed in the future? I was forced to stop using Intel compilers after release of 2022.1.3, as I had already removed 2022.1.2, and re-installing any version of Intel OneAPI appears impossible. I would very much like to be able to use Intel FORTRAN again, or Intel's C++ compiler for that matter.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Interesting, I have  used Intel/VS for many years  and can only recall one instance of installation failure. I installed the latest OneApi and HPC in VS2022 yesterday with no problem.  There must be some cause in your setup that is causing the problems .

0 Kudos
jasper
Beginner

My Windows 10 and Windows 11 computer behave in the same manner. It is not just 1 computer.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I have a NUC that gives the same error, luckily I have several -- so it does not matter to me.  

Windows 11 has several versions it depends on your version as to the level of pain.  

You can try to remove VS and everything related to Intel ONEAPI and old compilers, if you have old compilers from INTEL. Chances of success, zero to low.  The stuff that remains will stall any reinstall. 

You then move to the nuclear option, reinstall windows.  Extreme but usually faster than playing with all this stuff.  

Good hunting.  

0 Kudos
jasper
Beginner

I have used Parallel Studio since 2014. My Win11 computer is from 2021 - I do not believe it has seen anything older than Parallel Studio 2019.

Re-installing Windows is not a path I am willing to walk to install a compiler suite.

0 Kudos
minix2018
Beginner

same error on different machines. did uninstall VS, Intel OneAPI, still no way to get pass this failure.

0 Kudos
jasper
Beginner

Is there any way to further diagnose the issue? I will be happy to share installation logs, etc.

0 Kudos