oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

intel one API 2022 license

ihpsupm
Novice

Hello,

I have some questions about Intel One API 2022 license.

I am considering to buy Intel One API 2021 license (2-concurrent-license)
for an existing system.
The size of the system is more than 65nodes.

Q1)

I understand 2-concurrent license will be transferred to "Developer-Sized Workgroup license".

Is this correct?

Q2)

If the answer of Q1 is yes, Intel does not provide a support for Intel One API 2022 for this system. Is this correct?

Q3)

If the answer of Q1 is yes, does Intel provide a support for Intel One API 2021 and old products in this system?

Q4)

If the answer of Q1 is yes, can users use Intel One API 2021 and Intel Parallel Studio ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ihpsupm
Novice

I received an answer via e-mail.

Thank you for the support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, could you elaborate on what you refer as> "Developer-Sized Workgroup license". If you were able to find the information based on a link, could you share that link with us?

Based on the above response, we will continue our support with regards to your other queries.

0 Kudos
ihpsupm
Novice

Hello,

I can find only japanese distributor's web page that describes the details of the new license.

https://www.xlsoft.com/jp/products/intel/purchase/intel_license.html (In japanese).

And, though this is not a web page, I received an e-mail from "Intel Software Tools <SoftwareTools@plan.intel.com>" with a subject "Now Available: Release 2022.1 of Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.", which says:

===

UPDATED: New Developer Team-sized Editions

With the 2022.1 release, Intel is rolling out new Developer Team- sized Editions for systems up to 64 nodes.

What’s Changed

• Editions for developer-sized Multi-Node systems is now limited to 64 nodes.
  • Concurrent user licenses are now editions for ‘Up to X Developers’. The number of developers on the team will determine the best product to buy.

Products

Configuration

Support Type

Developer-Sized

• Named-user
• Workgroup-Up to 10 Developers
• Department-Up to 25 Developers
NEW! Division-Up to 50 Developers
NEW! Enterprise-Above 50 Developers

• Single-Node
NEW! Multi-Node
(Priority support up to 64-node system)

===

Best regards,

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, we have contacted you privately with regards to your query. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ihpsupm
Novice

Hello,

I can not find any message in my inbox.

"You do not have any messages."

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, we have contacted you again to communicate our update with regards to your query.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, please click here> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/faq-licensing.html, and scroll down to the Developer Team-Sized Editions, for detailed information on your queries and the new changes.

Also, let us know if you have any further queries.

0 Kudos
ihpsupm
Novice

Thank you for your answer.

So, what not clear for me in this page is, what happens for a system larger than 65nodes?

> Concurrent user licenses have changed to reflect the number of developers.

> For up to 64-node systems, the descriptions reflect "Up to [X] Developers."

Is the concurrent license transferred to  the new developer team-sized license?

Or, remains as the concurrent license?

The reason why I ask this question is,

I fear that users already have 3 or 5year concurrent license for large system can not receive support any more. 

0 Kudos
ihpsupm
Novice

I received an answer via e-mail.

Thank you for the support.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, we thank you for accepting our solution. We are glad that we were able to address the issue.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos