oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

l_fortran-compiler_p_2022.0.2.83_offline permission denied (bootloader) at RHEL 8.5 install

MarkKopyc
Beginner

When I try to install  l_fortran-compiler_p_2022.0.2.83_offline.sh on RHEL8.5  it cannot complete, gives a permission denied error.  When I just do the extract of it via  sh l_fortran-compiler_p_2022.0.2.83_offline.sh -x   the subfolder it creates contains (among other things) install.sh and bootloader.    When I run install.sh it gives  permission denied  for execution of the bootloader.     I checked all of the permissions for the files and directories, set them all to 777,   still doesn't work.       Went to file browser and enabled execution for bootloader, still no joy.

Tried it both as a user and as root.  I also tried the oneAPI BaseKit install;  same results.

Note my RHEL8.5 system is 'locked down' via the DISA STIG settings.

Any ideas why I can't install?     Thanks so much,   Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

I'm moving this over to the Forum that helps with installation issues.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi MarkKopyc,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please provide us with the (one or three latest) log file(s) from the tmp directory. Kindly let us know if no log files have generated there. Looking forward to your update.

Have a nice day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi MarkKopyc,

Please let us know the requested information. It will allow us to understand the issue better. Looking forward to your findings.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi MarkKopyc,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos