oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1261 Discussions

macOS VTune Profiler download version issue

areuther
Beginner

Hello,

I have tried downloading the latest macOS version of VTune Profiler several times now. Each time, the online download version says 2022.4.0, but when I install it, the directory structure says 2022.4.0, but the executables (./vtune --version, etc.) reports 2022.3.0 (build 624050).

This is an issue because I am using the macOS VTune Profiler to connect to a Linux server on which I have installed VTune Profiler 2022.4.0. When I try to connect my macOS VTune Profiler to the Linux server instance, it reports that build 624050 (2022.3.0) is not compatible with build 624343 (2022.4.0). Another support page explains that VTune Profiler GUIs are able to work with the current and previous versions but not newer versions. This makes sense!

I have tried finding an installer for Linux VTune Profiler 2022.3.0, but to no avail. So I either need the macOS download to actually be 2022.4.0 or I need a link to download the Linux 2022.3.0 version to resolve this issue.

Thanks much,

Albert

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Albert, we have been informed that internally we have re-used the 2022.3 version of Intel® VTune™ Profiler in the 2022.4 release. Thus, during the installation of Intel® VTune™ Profiler 2022.4 on MacOS, it reports the version to be 2022.3.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
areuther
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for the link; it is the one from which I have downloaded the macOS installer several times now. This did not solve the issue.

I uninstalled my macOS VTune Profiler installation again, downloaded the installer using the URL you gave me, and installed it again. The installer, once again, installed what is labeled macOS VTune Profiler version 2022.4.0; however, the executables (./vtune --version, etc.) reports 2022.3.0 (build 624050). Here is what I'm looking at:

myMac:MacOS reuther$ pwd
/opt/intel/oneapi/vtune_profiler/2022.4.0/MacOS
myMac:MacOS reuther$ ./vtune --version
Intel(R) VTune(TM) Profiler 2022.3.0 (build 624050) Command Line Tool
Copyright (C) 2009 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
myMac:MacOS reuther$

Please note that the path from the pwd command says it is version 2022.4.0, but the output to vtune --version gives me 2022.3.0. Please update the macOS installer to include the 2022.4.0 version of the tools.

Thanks much,

Albert

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Albert, we have been informed that internally we have re-used the 2022.3 version of Intel® VTune™ Profiler in the 2022.4 release. Thus, during the installation of Intel® VTune™ Profiler 2022.4 on MacOS, it reports the version to be 2022.3.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Albert, we have contacted you internally with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
areuther
Beginner

Thank you! I received the internal communication and have acted on it.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Albert, thank you for the confirmation. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos