oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

oneAPI 2022.1.3 install failure

MWind2
New Contributor III

I had 2022.1.0.116 installed on VS2022 before 17.1 and had no problems, and when I installed 17.1 everything seemed to work that I use (Fortran, c++). When I tried to install w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.3.210_offline, I go an error that the sequence failed uninstalling dpc/c++.

I suspect if to succeed I will have to uninstall 2022.1.0.116 and previous HPC before installing new release and not expect the new one to uninstall for me.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I am little lost as your explanation is terse and you leave out information.  

1. Uninstall everything related to opeapi and any other old Fortran Intel programs.  If you have to delete the files and let the unistaller clean up the mess. 

2. Uninstall all VS components. 

3.  Check all the files are gone in the program and program(x86) folders.  Personally I use CCleaner, Steve thinks is it is not necessary.  

4. Install anything except VS 2022 - 17.1 - Going back to 2019 is not going to hurt your programming. 

5. Install the latest one api - base kit and then HPC. 

6. If that does not work - what is your operating system, is it updated, what is your computer etc..  

People are not mind readers, you need to give a long explanation.  

This is really simple.  

If you have a virus protection that is not Windows Defender, you may need to switch it off, if you are using anything other than Windows Defender that comes with Windows 11 or 10, you are just making your life difficult.  

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

I was posting primarily to let people know there can be problems. I would expect that the 2022.1.3.210 offline installer should uninstall what it needs to uninstall without error. 

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

03/07/2022 20:13:04:898 : 10776 : ERROR : Removal of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_ct.vs2022, name: Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, version: 2022.0.0-97.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

0 Kudos
Mentzer__Stuart

I am seeing similar problems with this release on Windows. Doing a Modify then Update operation has a component removal failure and trying Uninstall also fails. I tried the HPC Toolkit uninstall first and it fails:

Removal of component has faile:
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.cpp-compiler.ide.oneapi_vs2019, name: IDE C++ oneAPI for Visual Studio 2019, version: 2022.0.0-161.

Trying to install the 2022.1.3 version without removing the old one still fails with checksum errors and then the same Removal error @MWind2 shows above. Not sure why it is trying to remove anything when just running the installer!

Looks like this release needs to go back and get fully cooked ;-).

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

I ended resetting computer, but now I worry about installing 2022.1.3 as I only have access to VS2022.1 to install. Would Intel please confirm that it will not require resetting computer when its update tries to install?

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

I installed VS2017 15.9.44, then Intel 2017 cluster with VS2017 integration, then oneAPI Base and HPC 2022.1. 3 integrated with 2019 and 2022. No other oneAPI version was ever installed on the reset W10pro. 

0 Kudos
gfichterpicometrix_c

Although this explanation stinks (remove everything and reinstall?  What decade are we in?) there seems to be nothing else.  Older versions of the compiler installer fail now that 2022 is installed.  The installer has no help and nothing more seems available.  I recommend avoiding oneAPI.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Although this explanation stinks (remove everything and reinstall?  What decade are we in?) there seems to be nothing else.  Older versions of the compiler installer fail now that 2022 is installed.  The installer has no help and nothing more seems available.  I recommend avoiding oneAPI.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah yes the joys of Reliability statistics,  one could argue that only the gods are correct 100% of the time.  All humans fail and some fail more than others, Intel is pretty good, but it still fails sometimes.  

God speed.  

0 Kudos
Vnick
Beginner

I am having similar problems. oneAPI HPC Toolkit v2021.4 won't uninstall, even after uninstalling VS 2019. I have often encountered the "Sequence execution failed" failure mode during the VS IDE integration steps, through both the command line and GUI installers. Though the latest oneAPI 2022 seems to handle the integration better.

image.png

image.png

0 Kudos