oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

oneAPI Base Toolkit will not install on RHEL 8

Greg_R_
Beginner

I have been trying to install oneAPI.  I have the latest version downloaded, but the install always fail in trying to install Python. I was able to install the 2021 version a year, ago, but 2022 fail. I am not even getting support from Intel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Gregory, do make sure you are a root user.

At first display the list of components in product of current package using:

sudo sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh -a --list-components

Once the component names are listed, install specific Intel® oneAPI Toolkit products and components as per your requirements using:

sudo sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh --silent --eula accept --components <component_name>

For example, the tool Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks will be listed as:

intel.oneapi.lin.tbb.devel 2021.1.1-129 Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks

So, the command to install the above tool will be:

sudo sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh --silent --eula accept --components intel.oneapi.lin.tbb.devel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Gregory, please note Intel® Distribution for Python 2022.2 is not supported on RHEL 8. For more information, visit here> https://www.intel.com/content/dam/develop/external/us/en/documents/2022.2_Python_Release_Notes_Intel(R)_Distribution_for_Python.pdf

0 Kudos
Greg_R_
Beginner

I don't really need that version of Python. Is there a way to not install it?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Gregory, at the very beginning of the installation process, select the Custom Installation instead of the Default Installation that installs all the tools together. Custom Installation would provide you the option to select/de-select some of the tools. You can de-select Intel® Distribution for Python tool from there and proceed with the rest of the installation.

For guidance, visit: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top.html

0 Kudos
Greg_R_
Beginner

If I could get that to work, it would be fine. I don't want a gui install, I want to use "cli", but it still tries to start the gui:

[ramos@aardvark Intel-Install]$ bash l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline.sh -a --cli --eula=accept --install-dir=/software8/depot/oneAPI-2022
Extract l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline to /tmp/Intel-Install/l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline...
[##########################################################################################################################################################]
Extract l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline completed!
Checking system requirements...
Done.
Wait while the installer is preparing...
Done.
Launching the installer...
Remove extracted files: /tmp/Intel-Install/l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline...
[ramos@aardvark Intel-Install]$ bash l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline.sh
Extract l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline to /tmp/Intel-Install/l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline...
[##########################################################################################################################################################]
Extract l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline completed!
Could not detect graphical display, installation will continue in console mode. If you aim to launch the installer graphical user interface under root try `xhost si:localuser:root` command and then restart the application.
Checking system requirements...
Done.
Wait while the installer is preparing...
Done.
Launching the installer...
Remove extracted files: /tmp/Intel-Install/l_BaseKit_p_2022.2.0.262_offline...
[ramos@aardvark Intel-Install]

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Gregory, do make sure you are a root user.

At first display the list of components in product of current package using:

sudo sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh -a --list-components

Once the component names are listed, install specific Intel® oneAPI Toolkit products and components as per your requirements using:

sudo sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh --silent --eula accept --components <component_name>

For example, the tool Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks will be listed as:

intel.oneapi.lin.tbb.devel 2021.1.1-129 Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks

So, the command to install the above tool will be:

sudo sh ./l_[Toolkit Name]Kit_[version].sh --silent --eula accept --components intel.oneapi.lin.tbb.devel

0 Kudos
Greg_R_
Beginner

I was finally able to install after deselecting Python. I also had to create more space in /var.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Gregory, thank you for the update. We are glad that the installation was successful and the issue was resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos