oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

oneAPI Base toolkit Win 10 install of GDB 2021.5.1-165 fails with "Sequence execution failed"

fortrandave
New Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to install w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.3.210_offline.exe on a Windows 10 (version 21H2) machine and am having issues.  Here's the relevant log message section:

04/07/2022 12:13:37:195 : 17248 : MESSAGE : Starting execution of operation 'intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.vsmi.vs2019,v=2021.5.1-165'.
04/07/2022 12:13:39:914 : 17248 : MESSAGE : Operation 'intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.vsmi.vs2019,v=2021.5.1-165' execution is finished with status Success.
04/07/2022 12:13:39:914 : 17248 : MESSAGE : Starting execution of operation 'intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger,v=2021.5.1-165'.
04/07/2022 12:16:37:864 : 17248 : ERROR : Installation of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger, name: Intel® Distribution for GDB*, version: 2021.5.1-165.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

04/07/2022 12:16:37:864 : 17248 : MESSAGE : Operation 'intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger,v=2021.5.1-165' execution is finished with status Fail.
04/07/2022 12:16:37:865 : 17248 : MESSAGE : Starting rollback of operation 'intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.vsmi.vs2019,v=2021.5.1-165'.

This seems to be the same issue as https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/oneAPI-Base-toolkit-install-fails-on-Windows-10/m-p/1360098/highlight/true#M2370 but the solution wasn't posted.  (In that post, the problem is with a slightly older version of oneAPI.)  Could someone please post the solution?

For additional background, I am installing on a machine that has previously had parallel_studio_xe_2020_update1_composer_edition_for_fortran_setup.exe installed.  I fully removed that and rebooted, then proceeded with the oneAPI basekit install.

I have Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Version 16.6.2 installed.  That's the version that's currently available in my corporate environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kirk_D_
Novice

FYI - my issue has NOT yet been resolved.   I have worked with the Intel support team as part of a support ticket, and it appears to be related in some way to a combination of the GDB installer and some of the files that are included (in my case the install fails every time on some file named "test.odin", and some of the security/antivirus software on my corporate machine (corporate policy prevents me from stopping these services, even though I am local admin equivalent).

I am waiting for the next release of the OneAPI tools in the hopes that this issue has been resolved.   

Please advise if you find a solution or learn anything.

Regards,

Kirk

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

I'm moving this over to the Registration Forum.  They can help with installation issues.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi fortrandave,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. However, please know, our engineering team has tested and validated certain Visual Studio versions. You may visit the below links to find the validated build for toolkit version 2022.1.3.

Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit Release Notes (New in 2022.1.3 Product Release for Windows* only)https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/intel-oneapi-toolkit-release-notes.html

Intel® Compilers Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio*: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/intel-compilers-compatibility-with-microsoft-visual-studio-and-xcode.html

We understand that the currently available version in your corporate environment is different. However, you may try a compatible version of Visual Studio Community Edition for free.

Link: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/

While installing a compatible Visual Studio build version kindly select the workload "Desktop Development with C++" and thereafter try starting the installer of the toolkit. Please let us know if the issue still occurs. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi fortrandave,

Please let us know if there any further concerns after following the information provided on our last response.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
fortrandave
New Contributor I

I tried updating my Visual Studio 2019 to a newer release, but got the same error as before.  I'm going to try the install on another machine and see what happens.

Do you know if there was a resolution was to the issue that @Kirk_D_ posted in https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/oneAPI-Base-toolkit-install-fails-on-Windows-10/m-p/1360098/highlight/true#M2370?  Could you or @ArpanB_Intel look and see what the solution was (assuming there was one) since Kirk_D_'s issue has the same description as mine.

0 Kudos
Kirk_D_
Novice

FYI - my issue has NOT yet been resolved.   I have worked with the Intel support team as part of a support ticket, and it appears to be related in some way to a combination of the GDB installer and some of the files that are included (in my case the install fails every time on some file named "test.odin", and some of the security/antivirus software on my corporate machine (corporate policy prevents me from stopping these services, even though I am local admin equivalent).

I am waiting for the next release of the OneAPI tools in the hopes that this issue has been resolved.   

Please advise if you find a solution or learn anything.

Regards,

Kirk

0 Kudos
fortrandave
New Contributor I

Thanks Kirk!  I took a look at my McAfee logs and found that my install stops on the same file.  I've reached out to one of my corporate information protection focals to see if I can get some help.

This is the error I got:

NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ran C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe, which tried to access the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\debugger\2021.5.1\src\dependencies\pygments\pygments-2.10.0\tests\examplefiles\odin\test.odin, violating the rule "CSOC_ Odin Ransomware", and was blocked. For information about how to respond to this event, see KB85494.

Will let you know if I learn anything.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi fortrandave,

As mentioned in our recent email, since the installation has been successful (as you had updated the McAfee endpoint security rules to address the issue), we are proceeding with closing the thread.

However, if you have any further queries or concerns, please feel free to post them in our forum. Our internal team would get back to you here promptly. We would be glad to assist you.

Community Forum Linkhttps://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/bd-p/registration-download-licensing-instal

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Kirk_D_
Novice

Hi fortrandave,

Unknown when the next release of oneapi will be coming, but once it gets released please give it a try and see if install is successful.  I plan to do the same.

Kirk

0 Kudos