oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

oneAPI BasesKit and HPCKit 2022.1.3 install issues and Fortran is not installed

Peter0000
New Contributor I

Installing (offline) oneAPI BasesKit and HPCKit2022.1.3 on two Windows 10 notebooks. 

1. M4800  is fine
  2. E6540) gives SuccessWithFail both installs and Fortran is not installed

w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.3.210_offline.exe and  w_HPCKit_p_2022.1.3.145_offline.exe

• logs are attached.
  • Neither has Intel Graphics Driver or GPU (for the M4800 that is because of the Dell patched drivers)
  • I never managed to remove all traces on VS2017 from the E6500

1. Dell Precision M4800  = Success

BaseKit¨   Install successful

HPCKit: a  install: ends with no errors and Fortran exists.

2: Dell LATIITUE E6540 = BaseKit and HPCKit  end with SuccessWithFail, Fortran no installed

BaseKit¨Install fails with:

03/07/2022 22:58:23:399 : 27848 : WARNING : Product configuration is not finished successfully. Integration in IDE(s) might be in incomplete state or custom post-install/remove scripts might fail.

/////////////

03/07/2022 22:58:23:533 : 27848 : ERROR : Install sequence execution status: SuccessWithFail

HPCKit Ditto 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter0000
New Contributor I

I did  compare the log files (in Notepad ++)  and saw no clues before the error at the end, which was when I sent this support question.

M4800 and E6540 referred to models of Dell Notebook, the E6540 had the issue.

To "remove all traces of VS2017"  I tried  'InstallCleanup.exe'  but,  possibly in my rush,  I ended up with almost empty VS2022 with a few remaining files that could not delete due to file access. As VS2022 would then not install, the drastic Windows install seemed the fastest / safest option.

All is now sorted after I reinstalled Windows 10   and starting again.

thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Peter0000,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum and providing the logs. From our understanding of the provided information, the installation of Intel® oneAPI Base and HPC Toolkit on Intel® M4800 Processor's system was successful, however, both of them failed for the Intel® E6540 Processor's system. Do correct us if your concern is any different.

Please let us know if you have tried the below-given steps to delete the Visual Studio 2017 in the past. If not, give them a try and let us know if it is possible now.

• If it is available in the 'Programs' of the Control Panel try uninstalling it from there.
  • Try downloading the installer of the exact version & build number. Upon opening it if you get 'Modify', 'Launch' and 'More' then select 'More' and 'Uninstall'. If there are any issues in uninstallation, you may try repairing it and then uninstall it.
  • If the above steps, did not work, you may try using the 'InstallCleanup.exe' as suggested by Microsoft in the below link. Kindly refer to it and proceed.

After the Visual Studio version is deleted we will proceed with the proper integration. Therefore, do let us know once it has been completely removed from the system. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Peter0000
New Contributor I

I did  compare the log files (in Notepad ++)  and saw no clues before the error at the end, which was when I sent this support question.

M4800 and E6540 referred to models of Dell Notebook, the E6540 had the issue.

To "remove all traces of VS2017"  I tried  'InstallCleanup.exe'  but,  possibly in my rush,  I ended up with almost empty VS2022 with a few remaining files that could not delete due to file access. As VS2022 would then not install, the drastic Windows install seemed the fastest / safest option.

All is now sorted after I reinstalled Windows 10   and starting again.

thanks

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Peter0000,

Thanks for getting back to us with the update on the post. Glad to know that your issue is resolved now. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos