oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1291 Discussions

oneAPI base toolkit 2023.0 installation does not complete

F_Obermaier
Beginner

On a clean, updated Windows 10 Pro (22H2) machine I've installed the latest Visual Studio Professional 2022 (17.4.4) and after that started the installation of Intel oneAPI base toolkit (2023.0.0-25940). Everything went smooth up to the finalization step which is running now for over 24h.

The installation log is attached.

Is there a chance that this will complete anytime soon? Can I terminate the installation and restart just the finalization?

Thanks

Felix Obermaier

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Felix, could you try and update the VS 2022 to the latest build version 17.4.5? We see that the issue is fixed for other users when the VS version is updated to the latest version.

We would like to know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Felix, please share the below information with us:

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Other versions of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with their it's build version apart from VS 2022

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

- Screenshots of the error screen

- Installation Log files apart from the one you had shared.

The default path for a log file for a oneAPI installation is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

The default path for a log file for a Parallel Studio XE installation is: %temp%\pset_tmp_PSXE<version>_<username>

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
F_Obermaier
Beginner

Please see replies inline:

• Is the installer an online or an offline package?
    It is an online package
  • Other versions of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with their it's build version apart from VS 2022
    None
  • Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system
    None
  • Screenshots of the error screen
    There are no error screens, the progress bar stalled at 95% and nothing happened. The label stated that the installation performs finalizing steps and that I should not interupt it.
  • Installation Log files apart from the one you had shared.
    - 2023.02.13.09.05.48.181.zip (first install, at 02/14/2023 13:47:34:866 I terminated the installation)

I did a repair installation step. This time I got an error message. The logs are in 2023.02.14.16.20.05.526.zip

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Felix, thank you for sharing the information.

We suggest you to check if the installation shows up in the list of installed programs in Control Panel. If it does, we suggest you to uninstall it.

Once done, we suggest you to download the full offline package and try the installation again. Also, please note that oneAPI compiler 2023.0 is supported up to VS 2022 17.4.2. It has not been tested or supported to be compatible with VS 2022 17.4.4.

0 Kudos
F_Obermaier
Beginner

I uninstalled oneAPI base toolkit 2023.0, downloaded the offline installer for it and tried to install it but the issue remains the same.
I installed the latest version of VS2019 (16.11.24) and retried to install oneAPI base toolkit with just the integration with that IDE. This worked as expected.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Felix, we have contacted you internally with some information. Please check your inbox for further updates.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Felix, could you try and update the VS 2022 to the latest build version 17.4.5? We see that the issue is fixed for other users when the VS version is updated to the latest version.

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Felix, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos