oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1290 Discussions

oneAPI basekit installer hangs on logo screen

alsidfjadf
Beginner

I'm trying to install the oneAPI basekit. I downloaded the offline installer w_BaseKit_p_2021.4.0.3421_offline.exe

Unfortunately, it hangs at the logo screen for at least an hour (I have tried twice with a reboot in between). It is using one core of my computer at full capacity while hanging here. This is a relatively new Lenovo workstation laptop with a fast CPU (Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz)

please help.

Screenshot 2021-11-15 151848.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alsidfjadf
Beginner
The issue seems to be related to the BeyondTrust software installed by our organization. The only way IT could get the software to install was by logging in as a local admin without Beyond Trust running. It works now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please check and let us know if the below requirements are met.

• 3 GB of disk space (minimum) if only installing compiler and its libraries: Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler, Intel® DPC++ Compatibility Tool, Intel® oneAPI DPC++ Library and Intel® Threading Building Block
  • Maximum of ~24 GB disk space if installing all components. And during the installation process, the installer may need up to 6 GB of additional temporary disk storage to manage the download and intermediate installation files.

However, if you are facing the issue while these requirements are met then please get back to us with the below details.

• The log files, if generated in the path- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs
  • The version of the operating system
  • The size of RAM on the system 
  • Is a different version of the product toolkit already installed on the same system?

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi,

Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
alsidfjadf
Beginner
The issue seems to be related to the BeyondTrust software installed by our organization. The only way IT could get the software to install was by logging in as a local admin without Beyond Trust running. It works now.
0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for updating us on the progress status. Glad to know that your issue is resolved now. Proceeding further we are closing this thread. However, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos