oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

oneAPI installation fails

julochev
Beginner

During instalation of oneAPI Toolkit I got this error mesage "Installer failed with error Sqlite SQL execution failed." However, sqlite is installed. Any idea what is happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi julochev,

Thanks for your patience while we were waiting to hear back from the concerned team. The below-given might be the reasons for the failure. Please go through them to resolve the issue.

• Corrupted installer database - make sure there is no file packagemanager.db in $home/intel/installercache (user install) or /var/intel/installercache (root install) before installation

• No free space to create (or update) database - check space in $home/intel/installercache (user install) or /var/intel/installercache (root install)

• No write permissions in the places above.

SQLite installed should not affect installation because the installer uses its own statically linked version.

However, if the issue still persists, please send a full set of log files, located at: /tmp/<user_name>/intel_oneapi_installer

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi julochev,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Could you please let me know the complete name and version of the operating system? It would provide us a better understanding of the issue.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
julochev
Beginner
Hi Soumya,  Thanks for your quick answer.

I'm trying to install oneAPI toolkit as a user in a cluster with linux OS

NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"

CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-7"
CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="7"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7"

I hope it helps,

Cheers
0 Kudos
julochev
Beginner

Linux kernel version

3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi julochev,

Thanks for the details. Based on the information, we would be requiring a few more details.

• The complete screenshot of the  Intel® oneAPI AI Analytics Toolkit installer along with the error message
  • The installation log of the Intel® oneAPI AI Analytics Toolkit.
  • The version of SQLite i.e. currently installed. And is it a clean installation?

The above details would allow us to check further on the issue.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
julochev
Beginner

Dear Soumya,

Thanks for your quick answer.

This is what I get when trying to install oneAPI Base toolkit:

$ ./l_BaseKit_p_2021.3.0.3219.sh
Extract l_BaseKit_p_2021.3.0.3219 to /hpcfs/home/tmdc-redcca/l_BaseKit_p_2021.3.0.3219...
[#####################################################################################################################################################################################################]
Extract l_BaseKit_p_2021.3.0.3219 completed!
Could not detect graphical display, installation will continue in console mode. If you aim to launch the installer graphical user interface under root try `xhost si:localuser:root` command and then restart the application.
Checking system requirements...
Done.
Wait while the installer is preparing...
Done.
Launching the installer...
Installer failed with error Sqlite SQL execution failed.
Remove extracted files: /hpcfs/home/tmdc-redcca/l_BaseKit_p_2021.3.0.3219...

sqlite3 --version
3.7.17 2013-05-20 00:56:22 118a3b35693b134d56ebd780123b7fd6f1497668

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi julochev,

Thanks for providing the information. We are currently checking on the concern with our internal team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

julochev,

Do you have the UI components of the OS installed? It looks like you maybe running command line only?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
julochev
Beginner

Hi ChrisB,

Sorry for the late answer.  Yes, I'm running commands line only. Could the probem be related with it?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

I am trying to find an comprehensive list of which components are required. My expectation is X11, but I am waiting to hear confirmation.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Tess
Beginner

Hello,

Any further developments on this? I am trying to install in silent mode on an HPC cluster that has sqlite in PATH and am getting a similar error.

Thanks!
Tess

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi julochev,

Thanks for your patience while we were waiting to hear back from the concerned team. The below-given might be the reasons for the failure. Please go through them to resolve the issue.

• Corrupted installer database - make sure there is no file packagemanager.db in $home/intel/installercache (user install) or /var/intel/installercache (root install) before installation

• No free space to create (or update) database - check space in $home/intel/installercache (user install) or /var/intel/installercache (root install)

• No write permissions in the places above.

SQLite installed should not affect installation because the installer uses its own statically linked version.

However, if the issue still persists, please send a full set of log files, located at: /tmp/<user_name>/intel_oneapi_installer

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Tess
Beginner

Hi Soumya,

Thanks for helping troubleshoot. I can confirm that I do not have a corrupted database -- I removed the intel folder prior to installation. I also have plenty of space in my $TMPDIR and home directory (no limits are placed on these directories by the cluster owners). I'm attaching my logfiles which I ran with chmod 666 but the problems persit with chmod 777 on the .sh file as well.

Thanks again for your time!

Tess

0 Kudos
Anna_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Tess,

Logs say creating database ended with I/O error got from operating system. 

Such issues may occur if data protection is enabled or if database file became locked.

Is directory /home/gridsan/tsmidt  shared between cluster nodes?

Please try the following (separately and in combination):

1) remove sqlite from path

2) redirect installer cache by redefining $HOME environment variable (it will also affect installation directory location, but it can be changed separately)

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi julochev,

I assume that your issue is resolved. However, if you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Tess,

If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos