oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

oneAPI installation problem 2022.2.3

VJET
Novice

Installer con not complete removal of old version of oneAPI 2022.2.2 when installing 2022.2.3

Removal of component has failed.
Component id: intel.oneapi.win.cpp-compiler.ide.oneapi_vs2019, name: IDE C++ oneAPl for Visual Studio 201 9, version: 2022.0.0-161.
Error: Sequence execution failed.

1 Solution
ChrisB_Intel

Please give this a shot and let me know if it resolves your issue.

1. Close Intel installers if any.
  2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  3. Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
  4. REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  5. command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  6. Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.
  7. Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE/ONEAPI. See the full list here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi James, could you remove the 2022.1.2 version of the installer separately. You can do it through the Control Panel. You could also try re-running the same installer that you had used during the installation of 2022.1.2. It should also provide you the option of uninstalling the toolkits.

Once that is done, proceed with the installation of 2021.1.3 version of the toolkits.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, we have intimated our internal team on this issue.

As a workaround, we would suggest you to follow the below steps>

• Uninstall the Microsoft Visual Studio version that was integrated with the older version of the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit
  • Run the Intel® oneAPI 2022 installer again and Repair the installation
  • Uninstall the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit 2022 post repairing the installation
  • Re-install Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 by choosing the Desktop Development with C++ component
  • Proceed to install the latest 2022.1.3 version the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit

0 Kudos
VJET
Novice

I returned to this problem and your suggested steps failed.  It now fails on the repair as indicated below.  :

intel.

Unable to complete installation

Close and relaunch the installer

For help see:

FAQs

Installation Guide

Developer Forums

Intel@ oneAPl HPC Toolkit, v. 2022

Repair of component has failed.

Component id: intel.oneapi.win.compilers-common.ide.common_vs2022, name: IDE Common for Visual Studio 2022, version: 2022.0.0-161.

x

Error: Sequence execution failed.

View log file

Quit

Software Installer v.4.I .0. I -222

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

James, could you please share the log file with us? We would need that to further investigate on this issue.

0 Kudos
VJET
Novice

I attached 3 logfiles which resulted from multiple failures.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

James, we see that you system still has Microsoft Visual Studio* 2022 installed. When a user installs Intel® oneAPI Base/HPC Toolkit 2022.1.3 over  Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 with VS2022 version 17.1.x installed, the installer updates and does not crash. But some components of oneAPI Base/HPC Toolkit 2022.1.2 are not removed during the update process.

That is why we suggest you to uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio* 2022 first, followed by any older version of the toolkit. Once that is done proceed with the re-installation of Microsoft Visual Studio* 2022 and then installation of Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.3.

0 Kudos
VJET
Novice

It did not work.  I uninstalled visual studio 2022.  I uninstalled visual studio 2019.  I could not install version 2022.1.2 after completely removing all visual studio versions on my machine.

I could install version 2022.1.1 of oneAPI. 

I could not install version 2022.1.1 of oneHPC.  It brought up modify,repair,uninstall instead of the install for that version.  I tried to uninstall oneHPC but that also failed.

I then reinstalled visual Studio 2019 and Visual Studio 2022.

The update of oneAPI 2022.1.1 to 2022.3 failed.

The update of oneHPC 2022 to 2022.3 also failed.

I then moved from my development machine to my laptop. I tried to install oneAPI on the laptop which never had oneAPI on it.

It failed with the same error as my development machine.

It was painful to uninstall visual studio because I have to reinstall all my customizations to that tool.  I applied none of these custimizations berfor trying to install opnAPI

0 Kudos
flgilbert
Beginner

This "uninstall everything and reinstall" workaround is not working for me neither.  Even starting vTune outside of visual studio (from the Start menu) is not working.

When do you expect to release a working installer for oneAPI?

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

I also need the logs from the onapi folder in he %TEMP% directory so I can open a bug with engineering.

0 Kudos
VJET
Novice

I compressed the onAPI files in %TEMP% which represents all the install/removes I tried on March 18.

0 Kudos
Robert_B_6
Beginner

Attached is the last attempt to repair the Intel install - after Visual Studio 2022 was uninstalled from my system.

0 Kudos
ChrisB_Intel

Please give this a shot and let me know if it resolves your issue.

1. Close Intel installers if any.
  2. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual Studio instances and Visual Studio Installer.
  3. Important: check that C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll does not exist anymore. If it was not removed with Microsoft Visual Studio for some reason, please unregister the DLL using
  4. REGSVR32 /U C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
  5. command in Command Prompt as Administrator, and then rename the file to Backup_Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll so the Intel® Installer can't load it.
  6. Uninstall older Intel® Parallel Studio XE and Intel® oneAPI products.
  7. Install required versions of Microsoft Visual Studio supported by the Intel® Parallel Studio XE/ONEAPI. See the full list here.

0 Kudos
VJET
Novice

That worked, thanks.  For some reason my Fortran projects were corrupted in visual studio after reinstalling everything.  I also had to reregister Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll because oneAPI did not see that visual studio had been installed.  I then just recreated my Fortran projects to clear up the corruption problem so it took a while.

REGSVR32  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll

0 Kudos
Robert_B_6
Beginner

This worked, thanks.  But given the internet speeds that I'm working with, this took literally 10 hours to perform, but glad it's working again.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

James, thank you for sharing the confirmation with us. We are glad that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos