oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1262 Discussions

oneAPI online installer fails with some user names

Luis62
Novice

Windows 11 created my USERNAME as "LuisGonzález". I cab't change it because is my work account.

- The online oneAPI installer fails (it created a c:\Users\LuisGona?lez\AppData directory and stops the setup).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Luis, could you share the log files with us?

The default path on Windows is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\logs

Luis62
Novice

Hi, 

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Luis, thank you for sharing the logs. We will check them and get back to you soon.

goast
Beginner

Hi, I have the same problem as him.Can you help me?

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Luis, unfortunately we were unable to replicate the error. Please share the below information with us:

- OS build on which you are installing the software

- Is the installer an online or an offline package?

- Version of Microsoft Visual Studio installed along with it's build version

- Other versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE or Intel® oneAPI already installed on the system

We would like to know.

0 Kudos
Luis62
Novice

Hi, ,

-Winver is Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2, build 22621.1555.

-oneMKL  online installer, "w_onemkl_p_2023.1.0.46356.exe", is used

-Any othe intel product or version is installed

-VS is Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2022; Versión 17.5.4 [VisualStudio.17.Release/17.5.4+33530.505], but the problem arises before oneMKL installer begins the installation.

I've temporary resolved the issue creating a new windows usser (with USERNAME=luisg) only to install oneMKL. But this isn't a desired solution!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Luis, unfortunately the path of the installer will only use English and treat other alphabet formats as special characters. We would suggest you to try to change your username to full English alphabets in your work environment, if possible.

You can visit here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-user-name-on-windows-11/cc3e143d-66e8-4074-b6ec-1d374c17a4e1, for guidance.

Luis62
Novice

Hi, ArpanB_Intel

Thanks for your suggestion, but I think is dangerous and I prefer my workarround (install Intel packages in another user).

Never the less, I've had problems only with Intel software: Microsoft, Autodesk, Graitec, HP... have no problems. And note that 'á' char is a 1 byte char (U+00E1), not a multibyte ome.

I think that a Windows installer of a global company as Intel MUST support any UNICODE legal path!!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Luis, thank you for sharing your feedback.

We completely understand you point and have shared your feedback with our internal team. We hope to make the changes to the installer in our coming updates to include this feature. Having said that, we are going ahead and closing this thread.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.