oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

oneAPI windows10 installation problem

Ming123
Beginner

Hi, I was using VS2019 and oneAPI 2021.2.0 and everything was working great! I then decided to upgrade to VS2022 and oneAPI 2022. First, I tried to install oneAPI 2022 on top of 2021, but was not allowed, so I started to uninstall 2021 baseKit, which went well. When I tried to uninstall HPCkit, I got the following error message

"Removal of component has failed
Component id:intel.oneapi.win.dpcpp_debugger.vsmi.vs2019,name:intel Distribution for GDB, version:10.1.1.-67.
Error: Sequence execution failed"

Now I can't install neither oneAPI 2021 nor oneAPI 2022.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Ming

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Ming, we have intimated our internal team on this issue.

As a workaround, we would suggest you to follow the below steps>

• Uninstall the Microsoft Visual Studio version that was integrated with the older version of the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit
  • Run the Intel® oneAPI 2021 installer again and Repair the installation
  • Uninstall the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit 2021 post repairing the installation
  • Re-install Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 by choosing the Desktop Development with C++ component
  • Proceed to install the latest 2022.1.3 version the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PSK1
Novice

Hi Ming/Support

Thanks for bringing up this issue

I have the same issue when installing Intel BaseKit 2022.1.3 on Windows 10, Visual Studio 2022 toolkit 17.1.1.
It seems like the toolkits have issues with Visual Studio regarding integrations etc
Any help will be appreciated

Best regards
Peter

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Ming, we have intimated our internal team on this issue.

As a workaround, we would suggest you to follow the below steps>

• Uninstall the Microsoft Visual Studio version that was integrated with the older version of the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit
  • Run the Intel® oneAPI 2021 installer again and Repair the installation
  • Uninstall the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit 2021 post repairing the installation
  • Re-install Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 by choosing the Desktop Development with C++ component
  • Proceed to install the latest 2022.1.3 version the Intel® oneAPI Toolkit

0 Kudos
Ming123
Beginner

Thank you so much. That indeed worked.  I guess the trick is to install VS C++ package only when installing oneAPI.

0 Kudos
PSK1
Novice

Hi 

Unfortunately this approach didn't work for me. I still have install issues
Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Ming123
Beginner

I had the same problem as yours for two days and tried everything including force uninstall oneAPI HPCkit, taking out oneAPI registries, but none worked. Finally, with the guidance from the Intel team, I uninstalled VS2019 and VS2022 and reinstalled VS 2022 C++ with VC143 option, then install oneAPI 2022.1.3.210 online version. It just worked.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please note that we might have to contact you internally for information and support regarding your query. Thus, we suggest you to click here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Registration/bd-p/registration-download-licensing-instal, and post the question about your issue.

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Ming, thank you for accepting our solution. We are glad that the issue is resolved.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos