oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

oneapi 2022.1.2.154 installler crashes

Philip3
Novice

I had OneAPI 2021 in my system. I uninstalled it and then I started w_BaseKit_p_2022.1.2.154_offline installation. The installer starts, shows the flash screen and then nothing. This happens with the online installer too. I tried to install again the previous version (2021) but the same problem occurs. I also tried silent installation from command prompt but fails too. No log files are created(?). 

Please help... :(((

UPDATE: this is the log from event viewer

Faulting application name: installer.exe, version: 4.1.0.458, time stamp: 0x619629bd
Faulting module name: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll, version: 3.1.1126.51066, time stamp: 0x6196b9a0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00010492
Faulting process id: 0x4728
Faulting application start time: 0x01d82360c9c3eece
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\Installer\installer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll
Report Id: 405038de-31ff-41b3-ab18-f257eccf7bcf
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 Solution
Philip3
Novice

This is the SOLUTION:

1) Uninstall VS2022 version 17.1.0 and install the older version 17.0.6 from here Visual Studio 2022 Release History | Microsoft Docs

2) Install OneApi basekit, etc...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Phillip, from our understanding of the installer, when it crashes, it tries to remove the log files as well as some subfolders from the oneAPI folder.

Could you go the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\, which is should be empty and then run the installer? Once it starts running a log file should be created in a subfolder named> logs, prior to the installer crashing. It would be great if you could grab the log file before the installer crashes and share it with us.

0 Kudos
pierangelo
Beginner

Me too the installer crashes.
I enclose the recorded events related to the crash in case it can be used to understand how to resolve the error.

0 Kudos
Philip3
Novice

No subfolder "\logs" is created. When the installer crashes there is only one subfolder "\Installer". I delete this subfolder manually but the installer keeps crashing.

SamHurv
Beginner

I am having the exact same issue. I installed the OneAPI basekit, but wished to reinstall it. I could not uninstall it. Additionally, I could not reinstall it when I deleted all of the folders installed. The installer would open, let me choose what to do, then crash when I chose uninstall, modify, or any of the other options. 

SamHurv
Beginner

I am having the exact same issue. I installed the OneAPI basekit, but wished to reinstall it. I could not uninstall it. Additionally, I could not reinstall it when I deleted all of the folders installed. The installer would open, let me choose what to do, then crash when I chose uninstall, modify, or any of the other options. Also, it did not generate a Log folder as well. 

0 Kudos
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

I am having the exact same issue as Philip3 and SamHurv. Additionally I ran chkdsk /f /r c: in the rare event that a corrupt HDD is causing the Intel oneAPI installer to crash. I also ran an anti-virus on the complete system. It is safe. I installed 2021.3 about a half year ago without any issues. I tried installing 2022.1.2.154 several times.

0 Kudos
jmad8878
Beginner

I am also having the same problem, is there anything helpful at all in these forums? Are they even responding? How is it that so many people are having these problems and there is no solution given, just instructions that don't make sense.

0 Kudos
Philip3
Novice

This is the SOLUTION:

1) Uninstall VS2022 version 17.1.0 and install the older version 17.0.6 from here Visual Studio 2022 Release History | Microsoft Docs

2) Install OneApi basekit, etc...

0 Kudos
rivkin__steve
New Contributor II

The link does not have Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition release history. Only the Pro and Enterprise.

0 Kudos
bathsheba
Novice

Yes, I would like to use this solution but older Community versions are not available.

In another thread we're advised that the problem is this file:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Setup\x86\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll

and that it can be applied as a hotfix.  If no older Community version can be found, can someone post this file?

Thanks,
Bathsheba

0 Kudos
Philip3
Novice

Another workaround is to rename Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll to Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration.Native.dll.1 and run the installer. This should complete the installation but without VS integration. 

I'm attaching the dll from 17.0.6 build. Maybe it will work with your version too.

bathsheba
Novice

Thank you! that worked.

0 Kudos
iso
Beginner

That worked for me too. Many thanks!!!

0 Kudos
belmont_gr
Novice

Many thanks! It works!

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Phillip, thank you for accepting the solution.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos