oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1284 Discussions

repair fails to repair IPP when using oneAPI installer 2021.4

diablodale
Novice

After debugging the problems in IPP's cmake files, I had many debug statements in them. Therefore, I want to get the original official file again.

I used the official Intel oneAPI installer. It is version 4.0.9.0-678

I chose to repair the oneapi installation.

After about 10 minutes it completed.

And failed.

The file that I edited `C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\ipp\2021.4.0\lib\cmake\ipp\ipp-config.cmake` was not repaired. It continued to be the one that I edited and it still had my debug statements in it.

Naturally, this is errant. The installer should repair the file and it should be the original.

I will now attempted to delete IPP and then fully reinstall IPP.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi Dale, thank you for sharing the feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused but we understand your point and passed it on to the relevant teams. Having said that, please share your status on the reinstallation of the toolkit.

0 Kudos
diablodale
Novice

I ran the same installer again. Unselected the checkbox for IPP. Applied the change. Closed the installer. Opened the installer, selected the checkbox for IPP. I saw a progress bar for downloading, installing, completed. I closed the installer.

Now IPP has the original file (not the edits I made). It seems to now be "repaired".

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Dale, we are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. We thank you for sharing the solution with us.

If you have any additional queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos