oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

silent/noninteractive installation options

PSE
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to install the parallel_studio_xe_2018_update3_cluster_edition_setup silently and without user input.

Documentation found appears to be incomplete and not precise.

Could I ask for an example command line which would allow me to silently install the application while selecting the components, specifying floating licence server address?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, when installing the product in the interactive mode (through CLI or GUI), you can record all your inputs

into a configuration file and then use this file for silent installation. To generate a configuration file, use the following installer option when running an interactive installation:

--duplicate=<config_file>.cfg

The configuration file with the specified name will be created. Use this file for silent installation. Run the installation script using>

--silent=<path_to_silent.cfg>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, when installing the product in the interactive mode (through CLI or GUI), you can record all your inputs

into a configuration file and then use this file for silent installation. To generate a configuration file, use the following installer option when running an interactive installation:

--duplicate=<config_file>.cfg

The configuration file with the specified name will be created. Use this file for silent installation. Run the installation script using>

--silent=<path_to_silent.cfg>

0 Kudos