oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.

vtune profiler driver build issue.

talz
Beginner

Hi,

I'm installing vtune profiler which is part of oneAPI using the YUM method provided in intel docs(btw you had an issue with your YUM repository DB couple of day's ago, and it was later fixed apparently).

Anyway, the installation fails while loading vtsspp driver for my current kernel, but compilation process works as expected, my OS is CentOS 7 and the kernel build is 3.10.0-1160.81.1.el7.x86_64.

if I try to load the .ko manually by visiting the following path and running the provided script:

cd /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.0.0/sepdk/src/vtsspp
./insmod-vtsspp -r

I get the following error:

Warning:  no vtsspp driver was found loaded in the kernel.
Executing: insmod ./vtsspp-x32_64-3.10.0-1160.81.1.el7.x86_64smp.ko gid=0 mode=0660 ksyms="ffffffffa91271a0"
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module ./vtsspp-x32_64-3.10.0-1160.81.1.el7.x86_64smp.ko: Invalid parameters

Error:  vtsspp driver failed to load!

You may need to build vtsspp driver for your kernel.
Please see the vtsspp driver README for instructions.

If I use the provided build-driver script the .ko builds successfully.

I followed the docs and configured the kernel options needed for everything to work as expected just like it was described in intel docs.

What else am I missing here ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArpanB_Intel

Hi, please note that the latest Intel® VTune™ Profiler versions are not supported on CentOS 7.

Please check the Deprecation Notice section by clicking here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/vtune-profiler-system-requirements.html#inpage-nav-2-6

0 Kudos
ArpanB_Intel

Tal, unfortunately we were unable to hear back from you.

If you have any further queries, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

0 Kudos