Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Error message using VTune from Windows to remote Linux

jparke161
Novice

I have been using VTune 2022.3.0 from Windows 10 to remote Linux for several weeks with no problems.

Now, however, when I try to run a Hotspot Analysis, the collection fails, displaying the error message "[Instrumentation Engine]  Pin can't be injected to the application: 244305 since it does not have read and execv access to it".

The Linux system is Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.6.

This code is not instrumented. 

I have rebooted Linux system, and redeployed  VTune to it.

Would appreciate any help.

John

I mis-posted this to Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring , so I am reposting.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We profiled an application on remote RHEL-8.6 using Windows 10 without any issues. Can you please follow the below steps since we were unable to reproduce your issue?

JaideepK_Intel_0-1662102290843.png

1. Please, can you share the exact steps you followed and a sample reproducer (a sample application that is similar to the application you are trying to analyze)?

2. Can you try to run a matrix multiplication sample on the same machine and let us know if you are still facing the same issue? (Attaching matrix.zip)

3. Please share the processor details for both the machines.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
jparke161
Novice

I can't submit an similar application, as this one is a product with several thousand lines of code.

I will try a simple application.

I have been using VTune on Windows 10 with no problems, until about a week ago. I have attached a screen shot of the error messages.

Steps I have taken.

Reinstalled VTune on Windows.

Rebooted Windows system

Rebooted Linux (Red Hat) system.

Redeployed VTune to Linux system.

John

0 Kudos
jparke161
Novice

This issues appears to be caused by a either a permissions problem or user id problem.

Running process as different user corrected the problem.

You can close this issue.

Thanks,

John Parke

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos