Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5002 Discussions

Error when running VTune analysis (GLIBCXX_3.4.29 version not found)

atuft
Novice

I'm running this VTune version from the 2023.2.0 oneAPI base toolkit:

Intel(R) VTune(TM) Profiler 2023.2.0 (build 626047) Command Line Tool

I'm trying to run a hotspot analysis on an application which uses a library I am developing, and VTune reports the following error:

/opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/amplxe-runss: /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /home/adam/local/apps/otter-intel/lib/libotter-task-graph.so)

When I look for "GLIBCXX_3.4.29" in /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6:

strings /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/../lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep "GLIBCXX_3.4.29"

the string isn't found, however it is present in /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 which is a dependency of the library I'm writing.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Could you please try the below suggestions to resolve the issue.

1.  Source the oneAPI 2023.2 environment to be enabled

Intel oneAPI Toolkit 2023.2 can be sourced forcefully by running the below command:

source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh --force
  2. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
  3. Could you please try to repeat the steps from scratch for rebuilding/installing, etc. that is required for your application?

Please let us know the below details if the issue still persists:

1. OS details

2. The application and the exact commands you are trying out.

3. The output of the self-checker logs. This can be obtained by running the below command:

<Vtune_installation_directory\2023.2.0\bin64\vtune-self-checker.sh>

example: /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2023.2.0/bin64/vtune-self-checker.sh

Otherwise, if this resolves your issue, please make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issues. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please give an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks

0 Kudos