Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Export data from timeline

CHEEHOO_K_Intel
Employee

I need the data (Memory bandwidth, CPU analysis, etc.) in time series exported into a readable format such as .csv file.

How can I do that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dmitry_R_Intel1
Employee

It is possible to get timeline data in command line using 'time' report. To do that you first need to enable this report by defining following environment variable:

AMPLXE_EXPERIMENTAL=time-cl

Then query data you need. E.g. the following command will give you cpu utilization:

vtune -r <vtune_result_dir> -R time -r-k column_by=CPUTime -format=csv -csv-delimiter=semicolon

You can open the time report file located here: <vtune_install_dir>/config/report/experimental.time-cl/time.tmpl and it look for comments at the beginning with more command line examples how to get various kind of timeline data through it, including DRAM bandwidth.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi KOK, CHEE HOO,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If your requirement is to convert the collected vtune report to a readable form like csv please use  -report-output flag of vtune. Pleas find below an example below which converts a hotspot report to csv format.

vtune -R hotspots  -r r002hs -report-output MyReport.csv -format csv -csv-delimiter tab

Thanks 

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
xinyingw
Beginner

Dear KOK, CHEE HOO,

I also need to export timeline data from Vtune just as this psot( community.intel.com/t5/Analyzers/Export-data-from-timeline/m-p/1170493#M18131).  For example, the CPU usage at time 0s, 1s, 2s, 3s..., could you help me please?

0 Kudos
CHEEHOO_K_Intel
Employee

Hi, thanks for reply.

I know there is a report option in the CLI, but the reports cannot give me the data I need.

I need the time-series data used to plot the timeline pane.

For example, the cpu utilization at time 0s, 1s, 2s, 3s...

Is it possible?

0 Kudos
xinyingw
Beginner

Hi, 

Did you get the timeline data from Vtune? Could you kindly share the command? I also need to analyze my cpu usage. Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hey ,

We are forwarding your case to the concerned team. They will get back to you soon.

Arun Jose

0 Kudos
CHEEHOO_K_Intel
Employee

Jose, Arun (Intel) wrote:

Hey ,

We are forwarding your case to the concerned team. They will get back to you soon.

Arun Jose

Thank you very much, appreciate that!

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

I apologize for the delayed response. I have entered this as a feature request for VTune.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_R_Intel1
Employee

It is possible to get timeline data in command line using 'time' report. To do that you first need to enable this report by defining following environment variable:

AMPLXE_EXPERIMENTAL=time-cl

Then query data you need. E.g. the following command will give you cpu utilization:

vtune -r <vtune_result_dir> -R time -r-k column_by=CPUTime -format=csv -csv-delimiter=semicolon

You can open the time report file located here: <vtune_install_dir>/config/report/experimental.time-cl/time.tmpl and it look for comments at the beginning with more command line examples how to get various kind of timeline data through it, including DRAM bandwidth.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

This is in our tracking system as a feature request. Additionally, a workaround has been provided. I am closing this case for Intel support. All future replies on this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos