Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

How to know the exact name of the function displayed in vtune?

xulei_ict
Beginner

I am using vtune to count the time, but it function notation is func@0x?????. But I'm not sure exactly which part of the code this function refers to. How can I get the stats to show readable function names. These functions should belong to some dynamic library.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

If the VTune Profiler does not find debug information for the binaries, it statically identifies function boundaries and assigns hotspot addresses to generate pseudo names func@address for such functions

To view the CPU time, click on each line under the tab “Sync Object/function/Call Stack”

On the right side of the page,> under "Call Stacks" > double click on the .c file if present.

A new tab will open, which contains the source and assembly. Here, you can find the CPU time utilization wrt the source line.

Note: Line of code that takes negligible time for execution won’t be displayed.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We haven't received any update. Did your issue got resolved?

Regards,

Remya

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos