Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5004 Discussions

How to use Inspector for containers (Linux)

gray_heron
Beginner

Hi.

I would like to use Inspector for a container (or a started process), is there a way?

also,
"How to collect data on a remote Linux system using Intel Inspector?"
In the article,
The URL for remote use is written in, but I can't see it. Please tell me the new URL.

Regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

It is not possible to collect data from a remote machine. The only way is to install an inspector on that remote machine. If you still have it, can you please share that link corresponding to the remote machine?

We are working on how to collect data from running Docker containers. We will get back to you with an update.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
gray_heron
Beginner

Hi, Jaideep-san.

Thank you for your reply.

Can Inspector also collect data by process specification ?

Also, I can't see the URL below. Is there any update information ?
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/remote-usage-model-of-intel-inspector-xe.html

>We are working on how to collect data from running Docker containers internally. We will get back to you with an update.
Please give me information about data collection for Docker container when it is updated.

Regards.

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi @gray_heron,

Sorry to inform you that the inspector can't collect data by process specifications, the reason being the application should be started under Inspector from the very beginning to trace memory and synchronizations correctly.

You can install a standalone version of intel inspector inside the docker to profile a process.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with a similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
gray_heron
Beginner

Hi, Jaideep-san

Thank you for your reply.
I understand that the inspector cannot specify the process ID.
This case has been resolved.

Regards.

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi gray_heron-san,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos