Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5010 Discussions

Intel VTune failing to profile matrix sample on Intel Core i9 (WSL Ubuntu)

__sin_nitins
Beginner
hi, I have the latest Vtune installed on my WSL2 Ubuntu. I'm seeing an error both in Vtune GUI as well as on command prompt. VTune build: version: 2024.1, build: 627630 OS: result of 'uname -a' 5.15.146.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2 #1 SMP Thu Jan 11 04:09:03 UTC 2024 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux GCC version: gcc (Ubuntu 13.1.0-8ubuntu1~22.04) 13.1.0 CPU info: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900HX The matrix sample got successfully built and I can run the sample on command line and can see the results. But when trying to profile using VTune, it fails with the following error. Error: This analysis type is not applicable to the system because VTune Profiler cannot recognize the processor. If this is an old Intel processor, please refer to the minimum hardware requirements in the release note. If this is a new Intel processor, please check for an updated version of VTune Profiler. If this is an unreleased Intel processor, please contact Online Service Center for an NDA product package. vtune: Error: This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine microarchitecture. Can someone advise please? thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
yuzhang3_intel

Which platform did you use? and you can try with the command line $ sep -version to check if the SEP driver is ready as below:

$ sep -version
Sampling Enabling Product Version: 5.45 Beta built on Feb 20 2024 06:00:32
SEP Driver Version: 5.45 Beta (public)
PAX Driver Version: 1.0
Platform type: 133
CPU name: Intel(R) microarchitecture code named Cometlake U
PMU: skylake
Driver configs: Non-Maskable Interrupt, REGISTER CHECK ON
Copyright(C) 2007 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

0 Kudos