Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Internal Error Intel Inspector XE 2016 Update 2

Andreas_P_3
Beginner

Hi,

On my first tests i get an internal error from Intel Inspector. The detailed log is attached. The problem seems to be this...

48572543 [25916] ERROR client.cmn.global_objects_helper_t <> - test system handler was not created on startup client, at file: vcs\client2\common\core

Can anyone help me? Can i downgrade to an older version? 

best, Andreas

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It seemed that the problem occurred when you used Inspector with Visual Studio* integration? Did it always happen or just happen randomly?

Can you reproduce this problem in command line? For example -

inspxe-cl -collect mi2 -- application

inspxe-cl -collect ti2 -- application

0 Kudos
Andreas_P_3
Beginner

I also get the internal error on the cmdline

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32>inspxe-cl -collect mi2 -- [app]
Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.
Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.
Error: Result directory C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32\r000mi2\r000mi2.inspxe is not found or empty. Suggestion: Specify valid path.

It happens every time.

greets Andreas

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

The reason might be that you tried to create result in *sensitive* directory, without administrator privilege (cmd was not started up with administrator), please try - "inspxe-cl -collect mi2 -r /tmp/r000mi2 -- application".

0 Kudos
Andreas_P_3
Beginner

Hi, 

I did another test from a administrator commandline. The error is the same. In the temp dir i can afterwards see a folder which i attach to this post. 

C:\temp>"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Inspector XE 2016\bin32\inspxe-cl.exe" -collect mi2 -- C:\Data\Source\Git\ImagingLib_build_master\bin\x64\msvc-120\apps\release\offline_reconstruction_app.exe

Error: Result directory C:\temp\r000mi2\r000mi2.inspxe is not found or empty. Suggestion: Specify valid path.

greets Andreas

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Thank you for result. Can you provide more info after running "inspxe-feedback -create-bug-report <report archive>" when you meet this problem?

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Oh. I saw there were log and PIN error in your result, I have reported this to our developer. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

It looked there were some files not loaded, I suggest to run "inspxe--vars.bat" under Inspector XE 2016 first (in cmd), so you can change directory to \tmp (any directory) to run inspxe-cl command, inspector environment will be set.

Is it possible that you can try 2017 beta to verify this problem, register here!

0 Kudos
Andreas_P_3
Beginner

It works with Intel Inspector 2017 :)

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

This is a good news! thank you for this update.

0 Kudos
David_Z_3
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem with Intel Inspector XE 2011

I got an error message: Error: An internal error has occured. Our Apologies for this inconvenience. ....

Application exit code 1073807366

Do you have any workaround ?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

I would recommend testing the latest version of Inspector... Inspector 2019

0 Kudos
David_Z_3
Beginner

thanks, does my license will work for Inspector 2019 ?

if yes where to find it ?

thanks

David

0 Kudos