Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

No µPipe in VTune 2023

jduan
Beginner

Hi, 

I am currently using VTune 2023 to do a microarchitecture analysis,  but found there is no µPipe diagram shown in the result. May I ask if there might be something wrong in my configuration or this is expected behavior in VTune 2023? Or is this expected for Big-Little structure CPUs?

===============================================================================

Update:

I have tested on an old laptop with 4th gen Intel CPU and it does show the µPipe diagram.

On the computer with 12900HX, Hyper-V, Hypervisor Platform, SandBox, WSL, Virtual Machine Platform are all disabled; Hyperthreading and E-cores are disabled; memory integrity is turned off. Still, I can't see the µPipe diagram.

===============================================================================

Settings Attached: 

jduan_0-1677804202492.png

Result Attached (Memory Usage):

jduan_1-1677804265827.png

Result Attached (Hardware Events):

jduan_2-1677804297258.png

Result Attached (Microarchitecture Exploration):

jduan_0-1677807451382.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

We were able to reproduce the issue from our end. We are checking internally with our team and will get back to you with an update. 

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
jduan
Beginner
Hi Remya,
Thank you for the instant response and looking forward to a fix!
0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We are still working on this. We will get back to you as soon as we get an update.

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. 

We are sorry to inform you that VTune doesn't show uPipe for hybrid platforms, because for hybrid platforms we need 2 pipes. Due to weak demand for pipes we decided not to do it and have no plans to do it in future.

All the metrics: retiring, core bound, memory bound, bad speculation, and frontend bound that are visualized in the uPipe diagram can be seen in the summary tab of Microarchitecture Exploration output.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

--

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We haven't received any update from your end. Could you please confirm whether we can go ahead and close this thread?

--

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos
RemyaP_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

--

Regards,

Remya Premdas

0 Kudos