Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5002 Discussions

VTune error: This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine microarchitecture.

Anisimoff
Beginner

Hi, all.

When I launch VTune for Fortran project, see error:

This analysis type is not applicable to the system because VTune Profiler cannot recognize the processor. If this is a new Intel processor, please check for an updated version of VTune Profiler. If this is an unreleased Intel processor, please contact Online Service Center for an NDA product package.

This analysis type is not applicable to the current machine microarchitecture

CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GH,
VTune Profiler 2023.0.0

What can be done to fix this?
Thanks in advance, 
Konstantin
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Apologies that you are unable to perform profiling on Intel® Core i7-2600K processor. Intel® Core™ i7-2600K being more than ten years old, our developers cannot provide support for the same. We recommend switching to a newer processor to perform any kind of profiling.

Refer: Intel® VTune™ Profiler System Requirements: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/vtune-profiler.html#twocolumn_1513980...

Hope this helps. If this resolves your issue, kindly accept this as a solution as it might help others with a similar issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Has the solution provided helped? We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you so we will assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos