Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5003 Discussions

Vtune: How to collect memory-access profiling in driverless mode

cutefisher
Novice

Hi all,

How to run a memory-access profiling with a driveless mode?
First, i've tried to directly run memory-access using following cmd,

amplxe-cl -collect memory-access -target-pid `pidof mysqld` -r /tmp/xxx

Error to the screen is 

amplxe: Error: Cannot collect memory bandwidth data. Make sure the sampling driver is installed and enabled on your system. See the Sampling Drivers help topic for more details. Note that memory bandwidth collection is not possible if you are profiling inside a virtualized environment. 

Then, i've tried to install sampling drivers. However, it fails due to PAX load issue.

The PAX service is not loaded anymore.
Checking for PMU arbitration service (PAX) ... not detected.
Attempting to start PAX service ...
Executing: insmod ./pax/pax-x32_64-3.10.107-1-tlinux2-0054smp.ko
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module ./pax/pax-x32_64-3.10.107-1-tlinux2-0054smp.ko: Required key not available

I can not solve this issue. That's why i tried to use driverless mode by setting

echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/perf_event_paranoid

Still, it did not work after rerun 

amplxe-cl -collect memory-access -target-pid `pidof mysqld` -r /tmp/xxx

The error msg is the same as previous.

Could anyone tell me how to solve the Sampling Driver installation issue or How to use driverless mode to collect memory-access profiling ?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Since this is a duplicate thread of <https://community.intel.com/t5/Analyzers/How-to-run-memory-access-profiling-in-driverless-mode/m-p/1326890#M21498>, we will no longer monitor this thread. We will continue addressing this issue in the other thread.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos