Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Vtune doesn't start

Fobes
Beginner

I see the VTune splash guard, it stays up for a while and then nothing.

I download w_BaseKit_p_2021.3.0.3221_offline.exe . Install this with standard settings(without visual studio integrations) without errors. Next I run Intel VTune Profiler 2021.5 see splash about 30 second, then splash is hidden and nothing... I tried to reinstall oneAPI, but nothing... I tried to install vtune standalone, but nothing...

I found https://community.intel.com/t5/Analyzers/Vtune-doesn-t-start/m-p/1205133/thread-id/19322 :

1. "remove %appdata%/Intel/VTune/settings or/and “%appdata%/Intel/Amplifier XE/settings and rerun vtune-gui again" - did not help;

2.  "vtune-gui --log-to-console --log-level=debug" :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\latest\bin64>
error: [Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\latest\bin64\-1'] {
errno: -4058,
code: 'ENOENT',
syscall: 'open',
path: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\oneAPI\\vtune\\latest\\bin64\\-1'
}
[2021-09-28T11:56:31.581Z] Failed to launch VTune Amplifier GUI...

How can I fix it ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi Fobes,

You are likely running VTune using a user account with Unicode characters in its name. We will address this issue in future VTune releases. Sorry for the inconvenience. As a temporary workaround please run VTune with a user account that has ASCII chars only. You could do Run As... to avoid switching between accounts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi

Could you please share with us your windows OS version.

Could you also please try out the following and let us know the observations.

1)verify if the mentioned issues are reproducible with the latest version of vtune(2021.7).

2)check if the vtune profiling works without issues from the command line.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/command-line-interface.html

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi Fobes,

You are likely running VTune using a user account with Unicode characters in its name. We will address this issue in future VTune releases. Sorry for the inconvenience. As a temporary workaround please run VTune with a user account that has ASCII chars only. You could do Run As... to avoid switching between accounts.

0 Kudos
Xottab-DUTY
Beginner

@Stas-Neverov-Intel wrote:

We will address this issue in future VTune releases.

Hi, Stas. Please, fix this bug, it's still there and bugs users...

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Fobes,

Have you tried running VTune with a user account that has ASCII chars only as suggested by Stas-Neverov-Intel. Does this resolve your issue?

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Fobes,

As we have not heard back from you for sometime now we assume the issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Arun

0 Kudos
Fobes
Beginner

Changing the username helped, thanks.

0 Kudos