Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Vtune finalization fails at 100% with a Error: 0x40000028 (Reporter error)

Maximillia_D_Intel

I'm executing Vtune from the command line and running into an error. If I run this collection from the IDE, it works fine. I need the collection to work from the command line because I'm trying to track down strange P core/ E core scheduling behavior that does not seem reproduce from the IDE.

The command line is as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\latest\bin64\vtune" -collect-with runsa -knob enable-stack-collection=true -knob stack-type=lbr -knob enable-system-cswitch=true -knob collect-io-waits=true -knob sampling-interval=4 -knob event-config=CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.THREAD:sa=2496000,CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.REF_TSC:sample:sa=2496000,INST_RETIRED.ANY:sample:sa=2496000,CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.DISTRIBUTED:sa=2496000 -knob analyzeEnergyConsumption=true --app-working-dir=C:\Users\optane\Desktop\jellyfin-master -- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\MSBuild.exe" /m

I'm running from an administrator window and the vtune collection and finalization almost seems to complete.

Here's output at the point of failure:

vtune: Warning: Cannot locate debugging information for file `c:\windows\syswow64\imm32.dll'.
vtune: Executing actions 75 % Generating a report
Error: Unexpected report template location
vtune: Executing actions 100 % done
vtune: Error: 0x40000028 (Reporter error)

I've also attached more of the vtune output in the text file.

Any help is appreciated.

I can provide a reproducer, however it's an entire solution with so it may take a bit.

Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Egor_S_Intel1
Employee

Could you please check if the solution from this post also works for your case?

0 Kudos
Maximillia_D_Intel

Thanks. Yes it worked. My workaround was a little different, but more or less the same thing. Instead of setting the path, I replaced latest in the command line with 2023.0.0

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\latest\bin64\vtune" -collect-with runsa -knob enable-stack-collection=true -knob stack-type=lbr -knob enable-system-cswitch=true -knob collect-io-waits=true -knob sampling-interval=4 -knob event-config=CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.THREAD:sa=2496000,CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.REF_TSC:sample:sa=2496000,INST_RETIRED.ANY:sample:sa=2496000,CPU_CLK_UNHALTED.DISTRIBUTED:sa=2496000 -knob analyzeEnergyConsumption=true --app-working-dir=C:\Users\optane\Desktop\jellyfin-master -- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\MSBuild.exe" /m

Would it be worthwhile addressing this as a low priority issue in a future release?

'latest' may work on other OSes, but the hard path will work every time and vtune ide should know what it is, correct?

Thanks,

Max

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thank you for posting in Intel communities. We were able to reproduce your issue from our end and we informed to the concern team about this issue.

As suggested by the above post, one possible workaround is changing the path variable i.e:

set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\latest\bin64;%PATH%

to

set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\vtune\2023.0.0\bin64;%PATH% (if you are using vtune2023.0)

Regards,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos
JaideepK_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks,

Jaideep

0 Kudos