Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

FPGA plugin integration with Slrum Workload Manager

Saikiranbelana

Hi, 

I'm working on creating an HPC Cluster with Intel FPGAs for Job Scheduling. However, this requires an FPGA plugin to be developed to support Slurm Workload manager as GRES(Generic Resource Scheduling) plugin. 

Can you please help me in creating the Plugin? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Saikiran Belana

@intel  @intel5  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

If you have any other question on the matter, please let me know.

Regards

Jeetesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Which Intel FPGA platform card you are using?

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
Saikiranbelana

Hi @Jeet14 ,

I'm currently using Intel Arria 10 FPGA PAC Card.   

Regards,

Saikiran 

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi, 

We have OPAE quick start guide to manage the Arria 10 PAC card resource. This page gives you steps and complete access to the Arria 10 PAC card programming's.

Unfortunately, we don't have any document on creating the plugins using Slurm Workload manager.

Regards

Jeetesh

0 Kudos
Saikiranbelana

Will OPAE APIs be sufficient to manage multi-FPGAs resources? We are dealing with HPC clusters in this case.

By any chance, can we use OneAPI for integrating the Arria 10 FPGAs as plugins to HPC Schedulers like Slurm(the same way as OpenPBS implemented in DevCloud? 

Thanks,

Saikiran

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Yes, OPAE API can be used to manage the FPGA resources. Yes it should be possible with oneAPI for integrating the Arria 10 FPGAs but didn't tried.

I suggest you to refer the below link to explore the oneAPI sample code etc.

https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneAPI-samples/tree/master/DirectProgramming/C%2B%2BSYCL_FPGA

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/code-sample/explore-dpcpp-through-intel-fpga-code-samples.html

Regards

Jeetesh

0 Kudos
Saikiranbelana

Thank you. We will check and respond back if it works. Hopefully, OPAE would be a good fit for us.

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

If you have any other question on the matter, please let me know.

Regards

Jeetesh

0 Kudos
Saikiranbelana

Thanks Jateesh, I'll be using Slurm's underlying GRES to allocate FPGAs to users. 

0 Kudos