Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Crash in an opengl application with Intel HD graphics (on resume)

saraf_suman
Beginner
Hello,
I have an opengl application (32 bit) on windows which crashes reliably when the machine resumes from sleep.
Platform: Win7 64 bit
Display Adapter: Intel HD graphics
Hardware: Samsung BA68 with i5 2467M
Driver Version: Intel HD Graphics Family v 8.15.10.2266
Driver Date: 12/6/2010
If I try updating the driver, it says it is already at the latest version. I tried installingWin7Vista_64_152252, but the installer complained that the package wasn't meant for the particular platform.
I looked at the trace in windbg and the access violation happens on resume at EIP: ig4icd32!ShInitialize+0xe3e22
I looked at the call edx instruction at id4icd32!ShInitialize+0xe3e1c. The function seems to be called with the right parameters but it returns 0, in this case. The next instruction tries to de-reference eax+0C and dies.
This happens when my application calls glCopyTexImage2D. This function is being called all the time, but the invocation after resume/wakeup kills it.
Is there something I need to do with my code? Or this is a bug in the driver? Do you guys have some symbol server which can allow me to poke at ig4icd32.dll in an educated manner?
I am also attaching a mini dump file from the crash.
Thanks
Suman
PS: this application works perfectly with ATI and nVidia graphics controllers.
0 Kudos
0 Replies