Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Vertex Buffer Object related issues in blender

Antony_Riakiotakis

Hi,

We are having some issues with certain Intel GPUs in blender,

https://developer.blender.org/T41949

https://developer.blender.org/T41926

Reporters mention the graphics cards and driver versions and looks like they are related to the Intel drivers for specific devices - we cannot reproduce them on other GPUs.

Is it possible to coordinate efforts and see if they are indeed issues in the driver and get them fixed upstream?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi Antony,

We would be glad to help out. Looking through the details in the links you provided it appears this work is being done on XP/VISTA with older G965 and G41 Chipset graphics. Neither of these OSes or GPUs is supported any more. So if it is a driver issue it will not be fixed for these products. But we should see if it is also a problenm with newer Intel GPUs as we can work to get fixes for them. Have these issues been seen on newer Intel GPUs, say on 3rd or 4th Generation HD graphics with Win 7 or newer?

0 Kudos
Antony_Riakiotakis

Thanks for your quick reply!

On a laptop have nearby, there is an Intel HD Graphics 3000/NVIDIA GT540M hybrid system on Windows 7 64bit. Build is 9.17.10.3347. I cannot reproduce any of the reported issues, so I guess it's only relevant for legacy systems. If anything else comes up I will be sure to post here or in a bug tracker, if you have one open to the public.

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi Antony,

Thanks for the followup. We do not have a public facing bug tracker as of yet. But I monitor here and work with our driver develpoer. So just post here and I can get the issues in the right hands.

-Michael

0 Kudos