Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games

YUY2 vs. UYVY

Jack_Chimasera
Beginner
Hello
In the course of developing video conferencing software, I've stumbled upon what appears to be a bug in the HD2000 drivers (for the SNB i3's integrated GPU, under Win7 32bit).
When I create a surface of type YUY2, lock it, fill it with data starting with the Y (brightness) element per the format's specifications, unlock it, stretch it to the backbuffer and call present, I get a garbled image.
The exact same code works perfectly well on a few nVidia & AMD discrete GPUs, on the very same PC.
Poking around, I found out that when using D3DFMT_UYVY instead of D3DFMT_YUY2 as the format for surface creation, the Intel GPU shows a perfect image, and the other GPUs show a garbled image, much like the Intel has shown before the switch.
From that I conclude that Intel's drivers, at some point, have switched the two surface formats for some reason.
Any chance of having this bug addressed ? Am I even in the right forum ? (if I'm not, please direct me towards the correct one ?)

The surface creation command (using Direct3D9) looks like so :
hResult=m_D3DDevice->CreateOffscreenPlainSurface (m_Width,m_Height,D3DFMT_YUY2,D3DPOOL_DEFAULT,&m_GPUSurfaces,NULL);

regards

Jack Chimasera
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Deepak_V_Intel
Employee
Hi Jack,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will forward your bug sighting to the right folks in the driver team. Would it be possible to attach a dxdiag output so that we have the right parameters to replicate the bug?
Thanks
-deepak
0 Kudos
Jack_Chimasera
Beginner
Of course, I'm trying to attach this data to this message, I hope it'll work.

Jack
0 Kudos
Deepak_V_Intel
Employee
Thanks, got the DxDiag report. I should have updates within the next few days.
0 Kudos