Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

igdumdim64.dll is spamming Windows log via OutputDebugString: " Peiran message result is: 0 "

2bam
Beginner

Hi, I'm developing a program with OpenCV and SDL2 in Visual Studio 2022.

While running the program I constantly get this message on the windows debug log

Peiran message result is: 0

Also appears when running outside Visual Studio, viewed using DebugView (by SysInternals).

I've tracked that UTF-16 string "Peiran message result is: %x" to system files igdumdim32.dll and igdumdim64.dll ... igdumdim64.dll is loaded when I run my program.

It appears somebody left a debug message on the dlls and it's getting called between 2 and 16 times per second. Doing that syscall is of course going to degrade performance.

The DLL version is 31.0.101.2111 dated 2022-08-08 17:09

Just letting you know so you can fix this.

12 Replies
karen_intel

Hi! Welcome to the Developing Games on Intel Graphics forum.

After carefully reviewing the evidence you attach, it will be necessary to report the issue to the Drivers team.

Once we have addressed it we will keep you posted on this very same thread for updates.

Talk to you soon.

Karen

0 Kudos
GRolf
Beginner

Please fix this now, or provide a link on how to downgrade to previous versions without the bug. It has become basically impossible to do debugging now, the log just filling up and extremely slow.

0 Kudos
smillee
Beginner

I don't have this dll (igdumdim64.dll) still print 

it's so bad (╯︵╰)

0 Kudos
Eskdale
Beginner

Just wondering - is there any update to this, I am also experiencing a similar issue with multiple Peiran message result is: 0 being displayed in Debugview which didn't use to be the case.  When my capture program is running

They also appear when capturing a screenshot using the popular program Snagit

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Arturo_Intel

Hi,

In the latest driver version, this message "Peiran message result is: 0" is not showing anymore.

Using the HxD editor we can't find the above message in both of the dlls (32 and 64).

(see screenshots) 

Can you guys see this debug message on your side using the latest version of the driver (31.0.101.3790)?

Also, are you using DDU to do a clean install of the drivers?

0 Kudos
Eskdale
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the information however the latest driver I seem to be able to get is 2114

Using Intel® Driver & Support Assistant I get this

2022-11-08_16-39-11.png

reverting to 30.0..... the messages are not there  but they are with the 2114

Look forward to hearing from you

0 Kudos
Arturo_Intel

Hi, 

Can you show me what version of the driver windows is detecting?

You can do this by going to Device Manager >Display Adapters > Intel UDH Graphics 630 > right click > Properties > Drivers tab

0 Kudos
Arturo_Intel

I can confirm that in the drivers for Intel UHD Graphics 630 (31.0.101.2114) the message still present.

In version 31.0.101.3790 (for 11th and 12th gen) is not there.

@GRolf install this version, its an old one, without the debug message

Thank you for your help @Eskdale 

Eskdale
Beginner

Thanks

Yes the Properties > Drivers tab shows it as 31.0.101.2114 as the processor is an 8th Gen i9

.3790 only appears to be compatible with the latest versions of the processors.

Are there any plans to release a fix for the earlier processors

Many thanks

0 Kudos
karen_intel

Hi @Eskdale 

As the support team, we're in charge of debugging and reporting issues our customers are facing to the development team.

We will ensure to share with them all of our findings about these dll messages in driver versions for earlier processors.

The fastest way to check if there will be a new release for earlier products is through IDSA so please make sure to keep your systems up to date.

We will keep you posted in this thread if we know anything sooner.

Karen

0 Kudos
Jameswason
Beginner

It seems that you are encountering a debug message related to the igdumdim32.dll and igdumdim64.dll system files while running your program with OpenCV and SDL2 in Visual Studio 2022. The debug message "Peiran message result is: 0" is likely originating from these DLLs and is being called frequently during program execution, potentially impacting performance.

To address this issue, you have a few options:

1. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your system. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (such as NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) and download the most recent drivers. Sometimes, updating the drivers can resolve unexpected debug messages.

2. Disable Debug Output: You can try disabling debug output from the DLLs by modifying your project settings in Visual Studio. Go to the project properties, navigate to the Debugging section, and check if there are any options related to debug output or debug symbols. You may be able to disable or configure the debug output from there.

3. Contact the DLL Provider: If the debug message persists after trying the above steps, it might be worth reaching out to the provider or developer of the DLLs (in this case, Intel) and reporting the issue. They may have insights or suggestions on how to handle the debug output or provide an updated version of the DLLs that address the problem if you are fed up then you can play car parking games, they are a popular genre of video games where players simulate the task of parking vehicles in various scenarios. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Jameswason So, you join just to post a chatgpt answer on a six-month old thread?  You could at least acknowledge that it was from chatgpt instead of plagiarising it.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos