Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

intel GPUs not supporting OpenGL functions

IgnasiSundavr
Beginner

Game crashes relating to OpenGL not fully supported/implemeted.

The OpenGL function causing this: glMultiDrawElementsIndirectCount

Seems like intel gpus don't support this, is there any way this can be fixed in future driver updates. 

wil lcontact again if anything else related crops up.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello IgnasiSundavr,

Thank you for posting in our community. 

May I please know the specific game that is crashing? Also, can you send us the SSU logs of your system so we can have a clear view of your specifications? You may download it at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
IgnasiSundavr
Beginner

The "game" is an early development prototype of a voxel engine. More info here: https://youtu.be/HsPb1765y2g?si=6NtDDZFb258LfUOS or in contact with the project leader.

Both the developer and I experienced crashes when initialising the game with his intel 9 9900 integrated graphics and my intel a750 discrete gpu (with up to date drivers). 

SSU data to be found in attachments. The ssu data for my computer does list a secondary gpu, but do know that this has not influenced the crashes.

0 Kudos
IgnasiSundavr
Beginner

For context, I submitted this bug report after discussing the issue with the developer.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello IgnasiSundavr,

I appreciate your feedback on the issue. I would like to inform you that we have a dedicated forum for this kind of concern where you can get faster responses and that is our Developing Games on Intel Graphics forum. Therefore, I will be moving this to our Developing Games forum.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
karen_intel

Hi @IgnasiSundavr  welcome to our Game Developer support forum

About this game you mention, is it available for testing (through a Steam Key for example?)

Please let us know as to pursue the issue we need to be able to reproduce it in our machines
Looking forward to hear from you!

Karen

0 Kudos
IgnasiSundavr
Beginner
The game can be found for free on the developers discord https://discord.gg/KE4zBzka. If you want the talk to the developer directly, he is likely to respond on the discord.
0 Kudos
karen_intel

Hi @IgnasiSundavr gotcha. Let me download the game 

I will be testing it with an ARC and provide updates (most likely) next week

FYI, in case there are content limitations (NSFW content) I will contact the developer to focus on the crash and export the issue in a homebrew code to root cause.

Talk to you soon!

Karen

0 Kudos
karen_intel

Hello again @IgnasiSundavr 
As I mentioned in the Developer's discord, we already have a report for this issue.

The internal tracking number is: 14021705888
Any updates I will let you know here

Thanks again for your help!

Karen

0 Kudos