Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

For X710/XL710 modify EEPROM (Link Management)

tggam
Beginner

Hi 

I'm looking for a way to modify the contents of the X710 and XL710 EEPROM.

The reason is that we are using a NIC that uses X710/XL710 chips, and we are getting SFP+ information through I2C. 

I noticed that sometimes SFP+ transmission signals are disabled in this environment, and after troubleshooting it, I saw the datasheet asking me to change the Link Management settings.

Linux forced to change the register value and the phenomenon was resolved, but an EEPROM CHECKSUM error occurred.

In this case, what util can I change the setting value of EEPROM? Or, I would like to know if there is a support procedure from Intel.

tggam_0-1672986008670.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tggam,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Can you confirm if you are designing/customizing your own board with X710/XL710 chips? If yes, please be advised that we have a specific team who handles this query and we will be glad to move this post to further assist you. If no, please share more details regarding your intended configuration and front/back photos of the NIC. 

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive any reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
tggam
Beginner

Hi Crisselle 

Thank you for answer

Yes, We designed and develop NIC that ourselves base on X710 

Instead of using regular drivers(i40e), we are developing NIC drivers separately to get SFP+ information through i2c communication.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello tggam,

Thank you for the reply.

Since your query involves designing/customized board, please be informed that this will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you to move this post to the designated team for further assistance. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
tggam
Beginner

Hi Crisselle 

As you said, please move the designing/customized board to contact Embedded Connectivity Support.

What am I supposed to do?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @tggam;

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to update your profile to the premier option to help you. You should fill out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/developer/premier-registration.html

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the one provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
tggam
Beginner

Hi CarlosAM 

I joined the Intel Embedded Community.
Should I write an inquiry with the Intel Embedded Community again?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @tggam:

Thanks for your update.

It seems that you did not understand our previous communication, so please let us explain it.

You have a basic account, but you want to update your account to premier to help you with your request.

By filling out the form stated on the website provided in our previous message, you request the update of your account to the premier category.

We hope that this explanation may clarify our previous message.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
tggam
Beginner

Hi CarlosAM 

Thank you for answer 

Do you have any advice?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @tggam:

Thanks for your reply.

We have sent an email to the address associated with your account with information that may help you also explain the reasons to edit your previous communication through this channel.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos