Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

I210-AT NC pin function

Neil3
Beginner

I am looking at using the WGI210-AT ethernet controller for a new design. Pin 22 is called NC, which I had assumed was for No Connect. However, table 2-8 in the datasheet gives this an optional function 'Optional pin used to connect an external power supply to the PCIe block in order to replace the internal LDO'. The reference schematic appears to leave this pin unconnected,  but I wanted to confirm the operation. Does it have an internal PU/PD to enable the internal LDO? It is not listed in the PU/PD table 2-1. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Neil3:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to update your profile to the premier option to help you. You should fill out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/developer/premier-registration.html 

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the one provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Neil3
Beginner

Hi, I already have updated to a premier account, but it hasn't linked my previous post to the updated account. 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Neil3:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

On the other hand, your account inconveniences should be supported using the form provided in our previous communication through this forum.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL .

0 Kudos