Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

I225 Power Supply

mmg
Novice

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the intel I225-IT Ethernet Controller's power supply:

• In the datasheet, it says w.r.t. +3.3V_PAD Pad-Voltage Domain Supply:
    Note: Short cutting this voltage domain with others of same nominal value is not allowed
    on the I225/I226. For optimal power-consumption figure of merits, the lowest
    possible voltage must be selected in the system.
    But in the reference schematic, the +3.3V_PAD pin is indeed connected with the other +3.3V pins. So is it ok to connect +3.3V_PAD to the other 3.3V pins as in reference the schematic?
  • How large is the maximum current draw of the I225-IT?
    I.e. what is the current, that the +3.3V_LAN supply must be able to deliver?
    The datasheet lists the maximum power at ~2W, but I suppose this is an average value, is it According to the PCIe spec, the PCIe 3.3V rail supplies up to 3A. Would this be sufficient to supply 4 I225's (i.e. a quad port NIC) ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Marcel

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @mmg:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address associated with this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
RKrug
Beginner

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

can you send me also the information about the current etc., please?

Thank you!

BR,

Roland

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RKrug:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address associated with this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @RKrug:

Thanks for your reply via email.

We sent another email to the address associated with this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos