Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
853 Discussions

URL for current Quartzville tools, please

madfrisbee
Novice

I last grabbed the Quartzville tools (lanconf, eeupdate, etc.) in 2018 - version 23.0 from 2018-02-02.

Back then, I was using CentOS 6 and CentOS 7.  Now I have started usind Rocky Linux 9 (basically the same as Redhat EL 9).

On RL9, both lanconf and eeupdate (from quartzville 23.0) show their initial screen and then go into a 100% CPU infinite loop and have to be killed.

So I am looking for the latest Quartzille tools to see if they work on RL9. But a search is not coming up with any URL that takes me to a location to download the tools.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @madfrisbee:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We want to address the following questions to understand this situation:

Could you please clarify if this request is related to a design developed by you, or is a Network Interface Card (NIC) or add-in card developed by a third-party company?

Could you please let us know the name of the manufacturer, the part number, and where we can find the information if this request is related to a third-party design?

What is the part number of the Ethernet Controller related to your design associated with this request?  

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
madfrisbee
Novice

The tools are needed for programming eeproms attached to in house COM Express carrier board with 4 i210 chips, both for long standing products (82574 NICs before the i210 NICs) and new ones.  The eeproms are empty when the boards are built by our contract manufacturer.  This is NOT for any off the shelf ethernet controller card.

There are multiple carrier board designs (about 5 active at the moment) that have these NIC chips.

John Hein

Microchip Technology, Inc.

Boulder, CO 80301

+1-303-539-4931

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @madfrisbee:

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your previous communications, we want to address the following questions:

Could you please clarify the procedure followed to obtain the requested files previously?

Could you please let us know the pace of purchase of the listed Ethernet Controllers?

We are waiting for your answer. 

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
madfrisbee
Novice

I downloaded the tools from the intel site in the past.  For instance, in 2018, I used this link:

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/348742?wapkw=eeupdate

When I use this link now, it takes me to an Azure Portal that I can't log in to.  That portal is new to me.  I don't think it was there in 2018.  Also, back in 2018, I had a different Intel login that did not work anymore when I tried this year.  Also the company was name Microsemi back then (which was acquired by Microchip in 2018).

As far as quantity - I don't have visibility into total quantities purchased from Microchip globally.  At our site here in Boulder, we purchase 100-400 annually.

John Hein

Microchip Technology, Inc.

Boulder, CO 80301

+1-303-539-4931

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @madfrisbee:

Thanks for your reply.

The provided website works when you have an Intel Developer Zone Premier account.

You should request the update of your account to the cited type by filling out the form stated on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html 

You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the one provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others). you can confirm this information and more details on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html 

Best regards,
@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos