Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

WGI210-IT vs WGI210-IS

FExoo
Beginner

Hopefully a simple question.

We are using WGI210-IT for copper only.

Can we also use WGI210-IS as a drop-in replacement (due to component scarcity)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @FExoo:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello FExoo,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We would like to confirm if your concern for "WGI210-IT vs WGI210-IS" is regarding the chipsets of our ethernet controllers for this, would that be correct?

Also may we know the reason why you are needing this information? Would your concern be regarding about designing your board for this?

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
FExoo
Beginner

We have a design in production with WGI210-IT for 10/100/1000BASE-T copper Ethernet interface.

Because availability of these chips is low, we need to know if we can use WGI210-IS instead.

So without modifying the board, and still supporting the same Ethernet standards.

Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance,

Frank.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello FExoo,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Your query will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you move this post to the designated team for further assistance. 

Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @FExoo:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos