Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
848 Discussions

i have a Intel play microscope q3 and have windows 10 and need the drivers for it thanks

jsmit242
Beginner

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

As far as I know, this has not been available for almost twenty years.

Doc

0 Kudos
Microscopemonkey
Beginner
I own intel qx3 and digital blue qx7, which is essentially the same, qx7 is just much cheaper version. Last time I used this scopes was win7 times. digital blue never managed to update intel native softwave, so basically you have to use 20 years old program. Even 10 years ago it was outdated. What to say about present time. To me to make it shine, this scopes need to be upgraded with modern camera module. As for worn out gears, it easily could be fitted with 3d printed ones. If there will be any life in this thread, I could post some instructions and files how to bring qx3 to life. I like this microscope a lot, it's a sign of era when everything was possible and even such huge corporations like intel tried to find ways to impress children with digital marvels, to inspire them to discover the world and encourage them to change it for good. Thanks for trying intel. Even so that such times are long passed. But no worry, there is thousands of small people who are united throughout the world to bring better tomorrow. And it's not money, marketing or vanity which drives us. But hearts full of love and desire to show how much is needed to be discovered still.
Thank you cute blue-green Intel QX3 for lifelong inspiration!
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @jsmit242​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

It is important to let you know that Intel Play brand has been discontinued by Intel In March 2002, and it was sold and re-branded under Digital Blue, part of the Prime Entertainment holding company. The QX3 microscope, while discontinued, can still be found for sale online. It has since been replaced by the QX5 and QX7, which are both based on and build upon the original design from Intel Play. This information and more details can be found at the following website:

https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/intel-play-mattel-toys-microsope/

On the other hand, Windows has been released in July 29th, 2015 (More than 13 years after the Intel Play brand discontinuance date). This information is stated as a reference at:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
Snotnose
Beginner

I'm in the same boat.  I bought the microscope 15-20 years ago, liked it but the plastic gears meant it couldn't hold focus even at the lowest magnification.  Got divorced, stored stuff in dad's garage.  Dad died, emptied garage, found my microscope.

I understand the software is way out of support and may not run under Win10.  But I would like to download it and give it a shot.  Please?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
junior96
Beginner

Try the old drivers in compatibility mode , you might get lucky. Just right click on file, click compatibility mode and spin the wheel to see if it works.. By spin the wheel i mean pick an OS to try and see if it works

0 Kudos
Evil_Ian
Beginner

Suggest running under a VMWARE install of the correct OS. Windows 98? Windows 2000? I just got a microscope at a yard sale today and will be doing a VMWARE install myself tomorrow,

REWard01
Beginner

i tried setting my QX5 up under VirtualBox with Windows XP, which, basically, worked.

The Program stops responding and i have to unplug the microscope then reconnect it to unfreeze, every 30 seconds or so.....

Close, but a ways off!!!

0 Kudos