Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

E3900 PeiGraphicsPmInit Lock-Up

PDeme
New Contributor I

Need some assistance with a customer issue. Have an SBC based on the E3900 (Apollo Lake) processor. We have had a few boards returned that lock-up with the following assert message:

ASSERT f:\c427\c427bios\c427_bios\Silicon\BroxtonSiPkg\NorthCluster\Library\Private\PeiGraphicsInitLib\PeiGraphicsPmInit.c(691): (StallCount != 3000)

This message occurs in the BIOS source function PmInit(). Occurs in step 2b of the RC Enabling process. The function times out waiting for the acknowledge bit to be set.

I performed a comparison of debug logs for a good boot and a lock-up boot. There is very little different between the two debug logs. Two items of interest are detailed here.

1. The code seems to execute differently with the same data inputs. The acknowledge bit is never set in either case, but the good boot proceeds as if the bit is set. Good boot is on the left.

Capture.PNG

2. There are also a few GPIO differences. The input values at three different GPIO pins show different values. Still investigating this. Don't know how these differences would cause the lock-up. Could this indicate a APL GPIO degradation issue?

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Any assistance is appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello PDeme,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues or inquiries. I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello,  @PDeme

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We need to clarify that the Apollo Lake processors have been discontinued and are no longer supported, as you may verify on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022396/processors.html 

Also, you may find the available documentation for the Apollo Lake processors on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/platforms/details/apollo-lake/docs.html 

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
PDeme
New Contributor I

I realize that APL is EOL. I was told by my account manager that the Intel Community was a place where you could still get support. Is this not the case??

0 Kudos
PDeme
New Contributor I

Carlos,

Is APL support available here or not?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @PDeme:

Thanks for your reply.

The cited product is no longer supported, as we mentioned in our first communication.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello,  @PDeme

Thanks for your update.

Based on the information stated in the first website provided in our previous communication, for the platform related to your consultations, the option available is the documentation stated on the website in the last part of our previous message, as well.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos