Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

GPIO export

manjunathreddy
Beginner

I am using intel i7 7600u processor when i am trying to export gpio pins i am getting below error earlier it was working fine i was able to access all my 8 gpio pins

root@debian:/home/lanius/Downloads/D0072/lanius# echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/export
bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

i am using 6.1.0-18-686-pae kernel version the same which i used earlier and i am using debian operating system

can you help me in resolving this

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello,  @manjunathreddy:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We have received your questions, but we want to address the following questions:

Could you please clarify if this request is related to a design developed by you, or if it is developed by a third-party company?

Could you please let us know the name of the manufacturer, the part number, and where we can find the information if this request is related to a third-party design?

In case it is your design, where do you purchase the Intel® Core™ i7-7600U Processors related to your consultation?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
manjunathreddy
Beginner

Hello @CarlosAM_INTEL,

We recently acquired the Intel® Core™ i7-7600U Processor directly from the OEM. Initially, it performed without any issues. However, over the past two months, we've encountered a problem. When attempting to export pins, we're encountering a write error.

We'd appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter promptly.

Thank you,

Manjunathreddy.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello,  @manjunathreddy:

Thanks for your reply.

We have received your answer. However, could you please clarify the name of the company that you referred to as the OEM in your previous message?

We are waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
manjunathreddy
Beginner

Hello carlosAM,

Thanks for your reply.

I have brought it from TQ systems.

Thanks&Regards,

Manjunath Reddy.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @manjunathreddy:

Thanks for your reply.

We need to address the following consultation to understand the reported situation:

Could you please let us in a detailed way the procedure that you are following to "export gpio pins"? Please include details of documents, tools, Operating Systems, and others used for this proposal. 

We are waiting for your reply  

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
manjunathreddy
Beginner

Hello carlos,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using DEBIAN operating system.To export GPIO pins i am using echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/export when i run this command i am getting below error

bash:echo:write error:Invalid argument as shown below and i am using below linux and debian versionsin the below attached images.
IMG_5938_optimized_300.jpeg
IMG_5937_1_optimized_300.jpeg

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @manjunathreddy:

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest as a reference addressing your consultations stated in this forum to any of the channels listed on the following website:

https://www.debian.org/support

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos