Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

IEGD 10.3.1 for Linux

KVafi
Beginner

Hello, I own a Fujitsu Siemens laptop with Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family and recently i installed CentOS 6.

I want to install the graphic card's driver. When I visit the Download Center (http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/IEGD/# download http://edc.intel.com/Software/Downloads/IEGD/# download) I have to select between a few MS Windows OS and two Fedora distributions. I thnik that the correct version is IEGD 10.3.1 because CentoOS is a Red Hat clone and Red Hat, Fedora 7 and some other operating systems are only supported by 10.3.1.

So, I select the product and the Operating System and i download IEGD 10.3.1. GOLD (zip file).

When I unzip the file four files pop up: IEGD_10_3_1_GOLD_1550.exe, IEGD_SU_10_3_1_GOLD.pdf, UsersGuide_10_3_1_1550.pdf and RELNOTES_10_3_1_1550.txt.

FInally I am not sure if this zip file is the correct for a Linux system (because of the IEGD_10_3_1_GOLD_1550.exe).

Any ideas are appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

There is only a single zip file that contains all of the supported OS configurations. The OS selection menus on the download page are used by Intel for tracking purposes. The download file is the same regardless of how you answer those questions.

I hope this helps.

Felix

J. Felix McNulty

Community Moderator (Intel contractor)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FMcNu1
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

There is only a single zip file that contains all of the supported OS configurations. The OS selection menus on the download page are used by Intel for tracking purposes. The download file is the same regardless of how you answer those questions.

I hope this helps.

Felix

J. Felix McNulty

Community Moderator (Intel contractor)

0 Kudos
KVafi
Beginner

Thank you very much!

This *.exe file isn't the driver itself but a tool tha generates the driver.

The documentation included also helps a lot!

0 Kudos